• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seeds From E-Bay...

I will say this...I bought a bunch of pepper seeds, mostly superhots off ebay last year and never again unless I know the person I am dealing with...a couple of members here sell some on ebay...

reason I say never again is the seeds I got off ebay may have been the correct variety with the correct heat but the pod shape was way off and that leads me to believe they were cross breeds...not saying that is a bad thing, just saying they were not the pod shape I was expecting....

I have actually.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360073271953

Cant remember how many I tried to germinate, but I have 3 of these plants with several sets of leaves, so germination was fine.

To be honest, since you are in the U.S., you have a safer bet of ordering something a bit closer to home. There's always a risk of customs seizing the package and either destroying it or requesting large amounts of money to release them. This is unless there is some rare species you cant find elsewhere.

The problem with seeds from ebay is that the seller's feedback means nothing!!!! Buyers leae feedback when they receive the seeds, but that says nothing about the germination rate and they can't tell if they got what they paid for either at that moment....

If you find a chile seed purveyor who depends upon his reputation to stay in business, you will do better.

Ebay is a snake oil trap for the uninitiate and you will be miserable. Stay away from Ebat for chile seed.

I've met the.chilli.man he lives somewhere up near Newcastle where moyboy and Novacastrian live - maybe they've bought from him. he's got a website where you can get seeds also. I didn't get any from him (I met him at a Chilli Festival last year and he had a stall selling seeds and plants). he seemed to be a good bloke and very friendly and passionate about his hot peppers.

I'll just have a quick look for his website...ten minutes of net surfing...

ok here it is:

http://thechilliman.biz/

he seemed to know his stuff when we spoke, I spent probably half an hour just chatting with him. his plants were very healthy looking.

Back