• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seeds frozen in time

actually the ones in the middle did a little bit better, on this chart below the greens ones are the ones that sprouted
381565_314697598568591_100000850614845_851420_851902186_n.jpg

Nice chart, Silva, gives me a lot of ideas to track seed action better. You can definitely spot some trends. The more consistent you become with temps, moisture and medium, the more you can look at the seeds as the problem. Some are just more stubborn than others.

The original poster (Steiner) acutally has some pretty good numbers on most of his seeds. The others might just be stubborn or not viable. His Fatalii numbers surprised my only because mine have sprouted with a lot of vigor. My Scotch Bonnets rate matched his: fail ! Your Bhut Jolokia from NMSU match what I'm seeing from my seeds from same source.

One thing to consider is putting a second batch of your "stubborn" seeds in a baggie or cup to test. Saves some space and dirt. If they sprout, note the percentage, and plant 'em. Good luck.... :cool:

cool thanks for your input, how many of your NMSU bhuts sprouted??? i thought i was going to do better than what im seeing now, hopefully with all the advice im getting i will improve

Damn My Bhuts Jolokias Had been Trying to Germinate for Over a While, Im not sure what is going on, If I Should Start All Over or Wait, They are under a Heat mat and very Humid.

... how many of your NMSU bhuts sprouted???

My methods are a little bit convoluted. For the Bhut Jolokia from NMSU:

First test batch I put in baggies on Jan 3, first germination on Jan 25. (got 1 for 5)

Second batch in cups on Jan 17, first germ on Jan 29 . (got 2 for 4)

These seeds were given to me by a friend of friend, I think they must be at least a year old. There were only 9 total left in the NMSU pack. Other factors, the first batch in baggies I put on top of my hot water tank where the temp ranges between 65 and 82. The second batch was on a heat mat in cups instead of baggies, and temp controlled pretty close to 83 constant. Its a small test, but they appear to like warmer temps.

I don't blame the seeds (yet) because there are so many other variables in my grow methods. But I can make some ASSumptions out of myself.... :cool:

Damn My Bhuts Jolokias Had been Trying to Germinate for Over a While, Im not sure what is going on, If I Should Start All Over or Wait, They are under a Heat mat and very Humid.

I just had a straggler pop today...took over a month. Some popped in a week! Like I said before. You need to reevaluate if you aren't having any pop at all. I would start with a thermometer and see what the temp is. If ii is above or below 80-90 degrees you need to fix it...

+1 what STC said. I'd hang in there with them stubborn bad boys, but start a second batch, possibly using the cup/coffee filter method to check viability.

Back