• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

September 2009 Inventory and 2010 Planning

I didn't feel right when I was pulling them up, but I've got a bunch of pods from each of the plants in the house right now and no-one has touched them. They're just sitting there attracting flies. I'd do something with them but I don't care for the lack of heat or the flavor.

I've got a bunch of habs on the go for next year in addition to a few superhots. I'll figure out which ones I want to keep and go from there.

The serrano is the only one that I am sure that I'll continue to grow. We use so many of them when we cook and the heat is far better than the ones we get at the store. Those are just so hit and miss. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't. It's so nice to be able to go out in the back and clip a few from the plants.

AJ, nice list. 325 plants? very impressive. I noticed that you're growing 10 cascabel's and was wondering what your prime use for those are. I've heard that they're popular as a powder but would like to know what you like them for.

I make my own chile powder for my home made chili and I use the cascabels as part of that chile powder

prety dang small Potawie...no larger than an american nickel for most of them...I was hoping for some maybe an inch in diameter...the plants are doing OK but they just didn't produce well for me last year either..

AlabamaJack said:
Now that I am retired and have the time to pay more attention to my plants and planning for next year......

holy smokes pay MORE attention?? Looks like AJ is going to looking for house out in the country somewhere. i'm thinking a couple of acres somewhere? 325 plants? man i really think my wife would beat my butt if I even suggested this many to her. she would be like i don't want those buckets all over the place!!!

good luck next year. i know you'll do it.

-PP

AJ, I agree those jalapeno heaven pods SUCK - tasteless and heatless. I really like a jalapeno I got from SSE called Reynaldo. Nice heat. Unfortunately, I can't get any damn seeds as the pepper maggota obliterated every pod when ripening. I just pulled all green jalapenos off my plants and deseeded and put in freezer. Better to have something than maggot infested ripe ones. Little bastards. :(

Nice stuffing size, but I'm doubtful they have any kick. I had to pick them all green to stop pepper maggots from eating them.

P1080420.jpg

Back