event SEPTEMBER COOK OFFS IN NORTH CAROLINA

GOT 3 IN THE MONTH OF SEPT.......GONNA BE BUSSY
SEPT 4TH THE LABOR DAY LUAU
AT THE HOME OF BRENT AND JEAN LUNDY...E MAIL ME OR CHECK WEBSITE FOR PHONE NUMBER OR DIRECTIONS TO THIS EVENT

SEPT 11TH OUTER BANKS CHILI COOK OFF
TURN IN 2PM
RODANTH NC
CHARITY THE CHICAMACOMACO LIFE SAVING STATION

SEPT 18TH THE MARCH OF DIMES CHILI CHAMPIONSHIP IN TANGLEWOOD NEAR WINSTON SALEM NC
HERE IS A LINK TO THERE SITE
http://www.renderforge.com/chili/index.htm

Yes. Even an apron. Try to keep the profanity down though. It's a family park. :clap:
Management is looking into having a chili or pork cook-off type weekend in the near future.

How many chili-heads do you think would exhibit? :D Concessionaires do not have to dress like the natives unless they want to participate in other activities, such as swimming, volleyball, etc. :)
Is this something we can pursue?? (An actual serious question.) Frank

hmmmmmmmm well i have no idea on how to answer this question.... the casi orginization i am with i have no idea if they would "sanction" a event...would have to get with the local pod..... but on the other hand you dont have to be "sanctioned" to have a cook off. to put on a cook off i would be glad to help in anyway with e mails or if its not to far into virginia i can come and cook. i can point you in the right direction (no pun intended) on judging and other issues. let me run this up your flag pole(no pun intended) a chili cook off and a hot wing cook off...kinda pull away(no pun intended) from the bbq type cook offs (that take tons and tons of money) to get some of the bbq people to participate. hot wings and chili would be awsome.

Just west of Suffolk on US460. Not sure of milage. Not far from Va. Beach and Dismal Swamp. I sent them a link to this thread.
Some residents of the park are chili-heads with a Va. Beach club and meet every month at Va. Beach.
Frank

The Va. Beach group meet at a VFW every 2nd. tuesday. Never been able to make it. Only heard about it a couple of weeka ago and couldn't fit it in. :clap:
We have a camp chili cook-off in Aug. or Oct. Just park members and others, fairly 'rural'. What would be fun. would be to have an event with 'real' competitors. ( I'll catch some flack over that phrase, probably.)
We have an idea that it could be done in conjunction with a car show, open house, or some other event. During the 'summer' weather. Any input welcome. Frank

i know what your talking about and i would have to get you a name and a number of the local "pod" that would bring some of the full time casi cooks.

i called the main office and casi shys away from cook offs like that..me personaly wants to make the trip i bet it would be a blast.there is another group that cooks called ics (international chili society) could probably do a google search and find someone from that orginization and ask them.
and of course you dont have to have anybodys blessing to have a cook off heck just have a cook off and i can help you with planing or judging....did you ever get a date in mind?

Not yet. Was hoping to time it with an AANR open house when the club is clothing optional. You're welcome to come down, even if to just check the place out. Be prepared to get hooked though. :D
Would like to come up with some kind of annual thing that woulb be fun for everybody.

you know about 99 percent of the talk here is hot sauce and not chili i still think a hot wing contest would be intresting to do....on this board you would have alot more intrested in hot sauce related stuff than chili stuff......just a thought.

at the world chili championship there was a hot wing contest i got to be a judge...i realy enjoyed it..i still want to in the future try and get a hot wing contest going mabey by itself or in conjuction with a chili cook off.
the resort in virginia is a "clothing optional" resort and i talked with casi and they were not intrested. but you dont have to have there blessing to put on a cook off..there are cook offs galore that are not sanctioned by casi.
thats when i had the brainstorm that there are alot of people on this board that love hot sauce and mabey a wing contest would fly...pun intended.

Back