• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Several leaves on ALL my peppers point straight up?

I've got 2 Scorpions, 1 Bhut, and 1 7-Pot along with a bunch of green and red bell peppers. For some reason on 1 side of the plant, all on the same side of the plant (Let's call this facing north) there are several leaves that point straight up and now they are at a point where they have actually started flipping over themselves. All other leaves seem fine and every other plant in my garden seems fine except the peppers. It hasn't been windy, just raining for the greater part of 2 weeks now. I cannot figure out why this is happening and on the same side for each plant. Any ideas?

k6N2KuT.jpg

AdJ6qgS.jpg

wUliYMU.jpg

Bell Peppers doing the same thing
qwlS2il.jpg

Probably just a case of the plants "following" the sunlight. If you watch your plants throughout the day, you'll often find their leaves "point" towards the sunlight. This is especially true for plants that are close to, but not in, direct sunlight. The effect may be more dramatic in younger plants. For example, I grow my plants in pots, which is a really good thing due to the excessive rain we've been having. I moved them just inside the door to the garage so they don't get overwatered from the rain, but they also get as much sun as possible. I turn them from time to time (and move them outside when it's not raining), as I guarantee you that by the end of the day all of the leaves and even branches are facing towards the outside of the garage. The smallest one, a basil I just started a few months ago, will be strongly curved over from stem to tip as it seeks the sunlight. Turn the pots so they're facing away, and by the end of the next day, they're again bending towards the sunlight. From the looks of it, I'd guess your plants are doing something similar, which is just natural for them.

I'm pretty sure this is RLS aka restless leaf syndrome. I've never seen it IRL. It's pretty rare.

Plants look great they are just chasing the sun.

Back