• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sharing the addiction

My daughters truly believe I love my pepper plants more than them. And whenever I said I'm going to tickle my pepper flowers-- well, that sealed the deal in their book. Sometimes I wonder myself.

I guess its somewhat similar, my girlfriend started out thinking it was great that I was growing a few chillis. I bought 4 or so plants from the local nursery, and she likes spicey food so all was great.

Now im up to 20 or so plants, and I even have them in my bedroom. She was not so impressed the other day that the bedside table she would usually use was full of hot pepper plants, so her stuff was resigned to the floor, lol.
She often says I spend more time with the chili plants then with her.

Anyway, the moral of the story is she is off to Fiji again today for her dads birthday. Whats she brining back for me? A hundred or so "junglee mircha" seeds. (its a wild pepper from fiji that I have been trying to germinate with no luck so far, she has a mighty impressive plant at her parents house)

so yea, there's still more plants to go on the bedside table lol :)

My other half is a travel agent, so whenever she goes to another country she brings back whatever chili seeds she can find, she has brought me habaneros from Dominican,Harold st Bart's, Jamaican hot chocolate, scotch bonnets, antilais, Madame Jeanette, aji limo, aji Amarillo, and several types of Mexican Arbol type, a Birdseye type, cascabel, and what I believe to be a Pasilla baijo

chile_freak said:
My other half is a travel agent, so whenever she goes to another country she brings back whatever chili seeds she can find, she has brought me habaneros from Dominican,Harold st Bart's, Jamaican hot chocolate, scotch bonnets, antilais, Madame Jeanette, aji limo, aji Amarillo, and several types of Mexican Arbol type, a Birdseye type, cascabel, and what I believe to be a Pasilla baijo
Thats awesome. Getting seeds right from the source!

chile_freak said:
Wish I would have thought about that in my many travels....all I thought about was beer when we hit the port for port call ...I'm talking naval ships not carnival cruise ships here ....;)

sp33d said:
Wish I would have thought about that in my many travels....all I thought about was beer when we hit the port for port call ...I'm talking naval ships not carnival cruise ships here .... ;)
suuuuuurrrrreeee you are, you know
you wish we could all see you now out on a fun ship cruise
eating fancy food and doing what you choose
you wish your friends back home could get a good look 
at the first rate carnival cruise that you took! :rofl:  :rofl:

nzchili said:
I guess its somewhat similar, my girlfriend started out thinking it was great that I was growing a few chillis. I bought 4 or so plants from the local nursery, and she likes spicey food so all was great.

Now im up to 20 or so plants, and I even have them in my bedroom. She was not so impressed the other day that the bedside table she would usually use was full of hot pepper plants, so her stuff was resigned to the floor, lol.
She often says I spend more time with the chili plants then with her.

Anyway, the moral of the story is she is off to Fiji again today for her dads birthday. Whats she brining back for me? A hundred or so "junglee mircha" seeds. (its a wild pepper from fiji that I have been trying to germinate with no luck so far, she has a mighty impressive plant at her parents house)

so yea, there's still more plants to go on the bedside table lol :)

thats awesome brotha! its so neat to get seeds from different places in the world, as cool as many of the seed merchants are its still neat to pickup seeds from new places, straight from their homes!

Back