• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Shipping plants

what im saying is you leave the plant in the dirt in the tray cell. you cut 3 of them from your propagation tray. you wrap the three cells inside dirt inside a plastic cell, then you wrap in paper towel to make it tight inside the 5 dollar small post ofice box. they arrive in containers never have been transplanted ready for 4 inch cups,or 1 gallons.

If the plants are in 4 inch pots and the plants aren't taller than 4 inches, what I would do is stuff some paper towel around the plant and over the soil and tape that down tight so that no soil can get loose and it haolds the plant down. You can take another 4 inch pot and tape that to the other one which will give you a nice protection. You could also just wrap some paper around the top of the pot and tape it to that if you think the double pot method is too much. I would then tape the pots to the box on the inside so it doesn't matter whether they turn it upside down or not. If they aren't in 4 inch pots you can just wrap the soil and the plant in a paper tube type of thing and just tape those to each other and also to the box. If you ever have taller plants, the PO people have these great boxes that are in a triangle shape and I can ship 24 inch tall plant in those very well. What I do with cycads is to bare root the plants, wrap the roots in slightly moist sphagnum moss and wrap the wad in aluminum foil. I can then tape the foil to the triangle box and no need to fill with peanuts or anything, you can throw that box, turn it upside down and that plant isn't going anywhere. Tom

This looks like a pretty good way. That triangle box should help if it's upside.

7d9482ec.jpg

http://hanburyhouse....plant-shipping/

I'm going to be shipping a few here in a couple days. I'm taking notes from above but think I'm going to fill the box with packing peanuts. Think that will help? This is one of them...

CAM00427_zps5aec3e01.jpg

CAM00426_zpseec8526e.jpg

I just don't want it to show up damaged

SG...the Fatalii I sent was a bit bigger than that and faired OK...but some damage. I think damage is going to happen, you just have to minimize it. That is a fairly large plant to try to ship. I thought about using the packing peanuts, but thought they might cause damage themselves. Good luck!

Back