• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Shoot. Bloosom End Rot?

Well I'm trying to get my orange habs to ripen up before the end of the season, which for me is REALLY soon, and I've started to notice that some of my pods are getting holes in them. I think it may be BER, but I'm not too sure. Either way it kinda sucks because the plant doesn't have too many pods on it anyways. I'd like to keep as many as I can.

Habpods.jpg

That's not BER dude. Not sure what it is though. Those orange habs look like maybe they crossed with a scorpion too. If they did they will be hot for sure.:mouthonfire:

I wish they crossed with Scorps, but I don't have any :(. Habs were the hottest thing I have.

If it's not BER, I wonder if it could be insects. This is the first I've seen of this on my plants, but I have seen peppers like this at the grocery store.

The one on the upper right kind of looks split. I know that happen if you over-water tomatoes but could it happen to peppers also? Also cut them open and see if there is any kind of grub burrowed in there.

had the same thing with mine. it's too much water followed by good sunshine and lower temps IMO. no expert here, but these pods are identical to my habs and a few fatalii.

fineexampl said:
had the same thing with mine. it's too much water followed by good sunshine and lower temps IMO. no expert here, but these pods are identical to my habs and a few fatalii.

I concur. On the rare occasion I get rain in the summer I get a heap of pods like this too.

I had a similar problem, but only with one. The color thru me off as to what was going on. My eyes weren't good enough to really see the split. Once I saw the picures it was much clearer.

Hab_Mold-1.jpg

Then I opened it up.

Hab_Mold-2.jpg

this may gross some of you out, but I would clean that pod and eat it...not maybe straight eat it but in a sammich or something

AJ, i've eaten some nasty pods, some of which had insect infestation (worms), but i think i'd pass at mold.

good to see my theory was spot on. :) it means i've learned this stuff and declare myself ...THE CHILE KING OF MIDDLESEX COUNTY, NJ!

oh and if you pick those split pods soon enough, their fine to eat provided you have no earwigs in some, like a couple of mine did. i hate those things. yuck!

can you add a crown to your avitar...that would be cool...

I've used a few pods like that moldy one before in vindaloo's. Both my g/f and I felt ill for the rest of the night. Gave us both the poops too. I'm not going to tell anyone not to eat them, but I certainly don't want to go through that again :(. I'd pass as well.

Back