• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shoreriders not a Glog.

Thought I'd share some pictures of my Chillies so far. The start to my season wasn't a great one, but thankfully I got it all sorted out without loosing any plants. They're over a month behind where they should be, but they are doing very well now.

Aji Margariteno, the only plant of my Lindberg varieties that grew out.
20160211_190636.jpg

Tabasco, the ever reliable producer.
20160212_080729.jpg

Jimmy Nardello, must be crossed as this one has some heat to it.
20160212_080842.jpg

Jalapeño, must have crossed with something last season. I also have regular green Jalapeños that grew true.
20160212_080944.jpg

Jalapeño.
20160212_081503.jpg

Hungarian Yellow Wax.
20160212_081518.jpg

Aconcagua.
20160212_080917.jpg

Albanian Red Hot. 
20160212_081047.jpg

Cayenne. 
20160212_081117.jpg

Sweet Pepper. 
20160212_081246.jpg

Serano.
20160212_081353.jpg

Habanero.
20160212_082802.jpg

Scotch Bonnet.
20160212_082839.jpg

Malih-Helow
20160212_081536.jpg

Brazilian Starfish. 
20160213_195958.jpg

Many of my Superhots are only just starting to pod up.

Bed #1 with Parsley in front. 
20160212_161205.jpg

Bed #2 containing 2x Cantaloupe volunteers.
20160212_161220.jpg

Bed #3 with Basil in front. 
20160212_161255.jpg

Way overcrowded I know, I underestimated how well my plants would do. I'll definitely be planting fewer plants per bed next season.

20160212_081726.jpg

Group shot.
20160212_161434_edit_1455256647509.jpg

And yes, I know I have a nice fence.

SR.

More good pods there. :P

Turns out I have an almost ripe Aji Pineapple, so will know what it is like sooner rather than later.

You have quite a few varieties there I plan to try in the future.

I feed with Dynamic Lifter, Blood & Bone, Epsom salts, Dolomite Lime and Powerfeed liquid fertilizer in the red bottle. 

When I installed the raised beds, I added a 300mm base layer of Scoria, then some weed mat, then a three-way mix (which was sh!t btw) from a garden center. I amended this soil by adding cow manure, Dolomite Lime, Dynamic Lifter, Blood and Bone, Epsom salts, and some compost.

The soil still needs work for next season. 

SR. 

I'm thinking of using a liquid organic to help my plants along later in the season when the soil amendments start to peter out. What do you think of that Powerfeed stuff?

Thanks HM01, and yes, they are out of control. I've been picking here and there and have a freezer full of pods. There are so many Cayenne pods in the undergrowth that they're starting to dry on the plant, wich is fine because the last lot of Cayenne was turned into powder anyway. 

This is the first season I've used Powerfeed. I started using it at 2/5th strength (as per directions on the bottle) after the first set of true leaves, and has been part of my feeding shedule ever since.

My beds are seriously overcrowded, something I'll avoid next season. The liquid fert is a great way of getting nutrients evenly to each plant. I applied some more yesterday, as I have noticed some yellowing. It could just be the plants winding down, or the cold affecting them, but it won't hurt.

We don't have some of the products you guys have up there, can you get Powerfeed in the US?

SR.

Just based on a cursory look at their website it looks like it's not available here. I'm going to take a look at the ingredients and see if I can find something similar around here, though.

Powerfeed is good stuff, I use it on the gardens at the resort (I work at), basically a mix of organic nutrients with added fish. Also use Dynamic lifter too which is even better IMO it contains chook manure, blood and bone, fish and seaweed. It's pelleted too.

Thanks shorerider, I think I'm gonna try the new Dynamic lifter for fruiting plants next year during fruiting, it contains more potassium but only comes in small bags.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Just based on a cursory look at their website it looks like it's not available here. I'm going to take a look at the ingredients and see if I can find something similar around here, though.

I'd be more than happy to ship some out to you if you'd like, but it's probably more cost effective to find a similar product locally. I could post a pic of the info from the bottle if it helps, just let me know.

Jase4224 said:
Powerfeed is good stuff, I use it on the gardens at the resort (I work at), basically a mix of organic nutrients with added fish. Also use Dynamic lifter too which is even better IMO it contains chook manure, blood and bone, fish and seaweed. It's pelleted too.

Thanks shorerider, I think I'm gonna try the new Dynamic lifter for fruiting plants next year during fruiting, it contains more potassium but only comes in small bags.
I agree, it's good to use throughout the plants growth, combined with other ferts that is. 

Dynamic Lifter only comes in small bags? I bought one in 20kg at the start of this season, I only have a little bit left and have already bought another 20kg bag. Good stuff for all round use too.

tctenten said:
Pods everywhere. Nice to see and gives us something to aim for.
Thanks TC1010, I'm still fairly new at this game, but I'm more than happy with my harvest this season. 

SR.

Yeah the original DL comes in a number of bag sizes, however their new range (flower, fruit, veggie) only comes in 1.5kg bags as far as I can see.

I like the NPK of the fruit version: 8.1-1.6-9.1 compared to the original:
NPK analysis: 3.7 2 1.8
WA NPK analysis: 5.4 1 2.7

I think I will throw on a handful of the DL Fruit into each pot once the plants are a decent size to start podding up.

Back