• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sibirischer Hauspaprika

I received these seeds as an added bonus from a generous member with a seed trade. I planted a couple and they really took off I will be planting outdoors soon and this plant grew tall and healthy very quickly. I've looked it up but really didnt find info other than its C. annuum and will grow in the least idealic conditions.
Has anyone grown them ? tasted them? what are some uses? I think they are supposed to be hot? I wanted to treat them as a Paprika and possibly smoke/dry and dry some for culinary uses.
Any information would be appreciated

I received these seeds as an added bonus from a generous member with a seed trade. I planted a couple and they really took off I will be planting outdoors soon and this plant grew tall and healthy very quickly. I've looked it up but really didnt find info other than its C. annuum and will grow in the least idealic conditions.
Has anyone grown them ? tasted them? what are some uses? I think they are supposed to be hot? I wanted to treat them as a Paprika and possibly smoke/dry and dry some for culinary uses.
Any information would be appreciated

Name is German and means "Siberian House Pepper". It is often stated that it is tolerant to low light conditions. I grew it 6-7 years ago on a shady window sill and it performed alright. Heat is around 7. Taste is nothing special as I remember it...
http://www.chili-balkon.de/sorten/sibirischer.htm

Thanks Donnie - I saw that and saw many German sites that had info - Maybe it would taste better ground and used as hot/medium paprika?

Back