• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sick Chocolate Bhutlah

Lovepeppers said:
Looks Like mites to me too, I had the dreaded russet mites unfortunately. In your picture, do you notice the canoeing / taco looking leaves? Very typical of mites. Sorry to see.
FML! I'm starting to see the new growth on some of my other plants come out deformed and wrinkled. I'm about to go to the garden center and drop some money on mite killing supplies. I think the weeks of rain we got has overwatered the plants, and has potentially made them more vulnerable to mites. Have you guys actually had success stopping mites? I have a lot of pepper plants out there, and I depend on them for cooking throughout the year. I'm going nuclear on these mites!!!

Whatever you chose to fight them with, be sure to do regular applications (unless recommended not to on the instructions) to make sure to upset the life cycles.

Just one example: with neem, you need to spray every 3 days and for at least three applications. (Other chemicals/soaps may have different methods similar to this, but be sure to do research on whatever you use. Utilize the search feature within the forum - type the spray name that people recommend and see what other people have to say)

Back