• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sick Leaf Diagnosis Requested

Any thoughts? Doesn't look to serious, just want to know should I go ahead and isolate this guy. No bugs or anything apparent.
Thanks for the input.
WP_000358_zps06a01e4d.jpg

its only on the old leaves?

either severe mag or more likely moderate potassium. possibly both. peppers need relatively little mag ive found tho.

what do the petioles and undersides of the leaves look like? how is it growing? vigorous? whats the newest growth look like?

this one just came in the mail, so I'm not able to say. Could be it got a dose of fert and water before shipping. It appears strongest on the largest leaf. Undersides don't show bugs or anything. the roots weren't soaked, but they weren't dry either. I'll set it aside for the weekend, let it recover from the shock. If it looks bad on Monday I'll just toss it. 5 out of 6 isn't bad. Thanks for the replies folks!

Edit: I'm going to have to google "petioles" :P

petiole = the little bit of stem connecting the leaf to the stem of the plant more or less.

dont toss it, w/e it is... is clearly not devastating. its probably just deficient. idk why but so many chili folks treat chillies like delicate little orchids or some thing... they are NOT intolerant to fertilizing... they love to be fed. they are NOT delicate little plants that will die if you water twice in a day... they are hardened agricultural plants. they may not be as hardy or vigorous as toms or cuces or w/e but they are not as weak as people seem to think.

feed it a good balanced nutrient solution with decent runoff and watch what it does.

N, P, K and Mg are mobile elements, hence why they manifest in oldest leaves. they will activly translocate from tissues of old leaves to new leaves, leving behind a messed up leaf like that. metals calcium and w/e else are immobile their deficiency will manifest on the newest growth.

edit: wierd font issue.

Didn't realize it was a shipped plant and just transplanted...Probably pretty shocking for a young plant, plus a few day without light. Obviously in new soil then and under new lights...I would wait a week or two before I did anything and let it sink its roots into its new home and adjust to your lighting and see what it does.

I'm going to stick with my original bacterial leaf spot guess. First thing, keep this plant separated from others since BLS is spread by rain splash. Just keep up some good airflow where you are growing and bottom water if you can. If not, trying watering under the leafs so you don't spread it.

Back