• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sick Pepper Plant....Help

I have 9 of these plants that I beleive to be some type of Yellow Scotch Bonnet. All of them seem to be doing fairly well except this one plant has been looking sick and continues to. Here is a pic of the sick plant and also a pic of the other healthy plants. Hopefully I can figure out whats wrong with the poor guy before its too late.

Well I cant get pictures to display only red x so here are the links.

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae83/fadetoblack81/SickPepperPlant.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae83/fadetoblack81/PepperPlants.jpg

Well. Sometimes such weak plants appear. You'd better kill it with fire or it will produce some weak pods.
Another reason may be peat soil. Some plants hate it. If you try repot it to a real dirt mixed with sand then it might feel better.

How did you get the picture to work if i may ask? I tried to add it just like the other photo I added on a different thread but would not work. And thanks for your reply

Just type
Code:
[img]
before the link you posted
and
Code:
[/img]
after the link.
Sorry, I wanted to post a full string but it didn't look as text, it just showed the pic even in code tags.

ftb..simple way to add pics from photo bucket...put your cursor over the picture and an address box will pop up with four different addresses...choose the bottom one (IMG code), right click on it, copy it...then go to the post where you want the picture, right click and paste it...no typing necessary...

the plant is definitely not a typical one as is evidenced by your pics...I may not kill it, but definitely would move it away from the others a bit...it could be aphid/spider mite damage that was done to the new growth of the plant

Thanks AJ, I will move it away from the others and re-pot it with a mixture of some native clay soil and some potting mix i have. Hopefully that will help.

I had a Santa Fe Grande that grew like that this year, and what caused it is a mystery. The compost and mix I used was the same as all my other plants (which are all fine) and I found no signs of any pests at all. The only thing I can think of is that it was a poor seed. Like Jah said, sometimes weak plants just happen. But re-potting in new soil's got to be worth a try hasn't it?

you know, sometimes, it is plain genetics....thats why I grow multiples of every seed and pick the best of them to transplant...no weak/malformed plants make it at any stage of transplanting...

Well they have all been fed the identical nutrients and have the same potting mix except the largest plant I added some beach sand in with the potting mix. So I tend to be leaning to beleive its a genetic issue or a pest that i cannot detect.

Back