• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

disease Sick Sugar Rush Peach!

Hello, I have a few indoor plants in 3 gallon bags, underneath a 100w LED.

My Sugar rush, pictures here, has developed something! Many of the leaves have developed these black spots, and then fall off. I have been watering extremely sparingly, so I don't think its over-watering. I don't see any pests, and this is an indoor plant that hasn't been outside. Any ideas from the community would be helpful. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4659.jpg
    IMG_4659.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4660.jpg
    IMG_4660.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4661.jpg
    IMG_4661.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 105
2 of my 4 SRP look like that. i suspect the main issue was being root-bound having maxed out their tiny pots, as one had already started forming pods before i planted outside into my raised beds on the weekend.

secondarily, though, they had definitely grown so tall they were too close to the lights where i was keeping them inside. maybe this is what's happening with yours?

2 of my 4 SRP look like that. i suspect the main issue was being root-bound having maxed out their tiny pots, as one had already started forming pods before i planted outside into my raised beds on the weekend.

secondarily, though, they had definitely grown so tall they were too close to the lights where i was keeping them inside. maybe this is what's happening with yours?
Definitely not a rootbound situation, as this has started since I transplanted into the 3 gallon bag. I doubt the plant is too close to the light? its a 100w LED and the very highest leaves are about 25cm from the light. But the highest leaves aren't the damaged ones.
I fear it may be a fungal infection of some sort?

My experience with SRP types is they're more susceptible to fungal or bacterial leaf spot than the average pepper. It looks like there's something else - or something additional - going on there though, with the leaf yellowing suggesting a deficiency issue. Perhaps the new soil conditions or the watering hasn't been optimal since transplant and that's created issues with the roots and a resulting deficiency. This type of stress can also weaken a plant's resistance to infection, creating a greater opportunity for leaf spot. Both issues typically affect lower leaves more than upper, so that doesn't always help much to differentiate.

Leaf spot can be tough to identify. Sometimes it's obvious, but other times it's hard to differentiate from other conditions. I suggest you isolate the affected SRP's and be very careful to prevent cross-contamination with other plants while you figure it out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. Hard to tell, but it must be fungal or bacterial. I'm very confident that the soil and fertilizer/compost has given the plant all it needs. Unfortunately isolation isn't a possibility as that is my only light.

Back