• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Sideshow Gardens Grow Log.

Here's where it all starts at Sideshow Gardens. The seedling room. Heat and humidity controlled. The trays will only spend a couple days here til they get moved outside. Our daytime temps have been wonderful lately but night time temps are still pretty low so they all get brought back inside at night. Quite the chore since the seedling room is upstairs and I currently have way more trays than what is pictured. I've started tomatoes and peppers so far but that accounts for only a quarter of what I'll be growing. Stay tuned for further updates. Thanks for looking!

Edmick said:
This thing was probably half this size yesterday. Got the BER under control and finally getting some nice harvests
How did you get the BER under control?
Your pooch looks chill. We all need details on him now, as he’s a costar or mascot of your operation.
Crazy about your corn. I guess give it some time, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edmick said:
This is the same ear of corn as the one I posted yesterday.. I think I've been harvesting too soon. I guess the color doesnt set until they're totally mature. I'm an idiot..
Wait....that's popcorn, right? Doesn't it have to stay on the stalk until everything's dried? Stalk, husk and all?

PtMD989 said:
How did you get the BER under control?
Your pooch looks chill. We all need details on him now, as hes a costar or mascot of your operation.
Crazy about your corn. I guess give it some time, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The BER I THINK was caused by underwatering cuz I let them wilt a couple times on accident but I've been foliar feeding cal mag and been really staying on top of watering and they're doing amazing now. The pooch is my hunting dog Rudy. He's a field bred english springer spaniel. He pretty much lives in the pool during the summer. Which is fine because it gets him in shape for hunting season. He's definitely a happy dog.

nmlarson said:
Wait....that's popcorn, right? Doesn't it have to stay on the stalk until everything's dried? Stalk, husk and all?
This is a flint corn. The ones I'm saving for seed are gonna stay on the plant but the others I'm gonna hang dry to use for corn meal. First time ive ever grown this and didn't realize the color doesn't come through until its totally mature.

Massive heat wave came through yesterday. Hit 115. Everything that wasn't under shade cloth is probably toast. Corn, on top of being eaten by rats is sunburned to hell and might not even see a harvest on those. Blueberry bush is burnt to hell and half my plants for sale are probably toast too even though I moved them to shade. Probably 700 plants in total. At least the majority of my personal garden that was under shade cloth is fine. For now. Kinda a bummer. Took many many hours of work just to see it all go up in smoke.

Muckyai said:
Good grief is that kind of heat somewhat normal out there? Awful for the plants but you be careful working in that heat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
No 115 is a little extreme even for out her. 105ish is usually where we top out.

Surprisingly, my peppers don't seem to have lost any blossoms after that crazy heat. Thank god for that shade cloth. They would have probably burst into flames without it.

Not quite rainbow but still pretty cool color on these glass gems. Pulled these to keep the damn rats from getting them.

Attachments

• 20180708_223506.jpg
    20180708_223506.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 67
Edmick said:
Not quite rainbow but still pretty cool color on these glass gems. Pulled these to keep the damn rats from getting them.
Nice! I was planning on growing some of these next year. It's good to see someone having some success with the variety.

Just gonna bump this old grow log since I don't have anything too exciting to warrant starting a new one. Basically, I'm gonna be growing a few aleppo plants indoors through the winter. Might try to squeeze a couple micro mini tomato plants in the tent too if space permits.
20221115_183730.jpg
20221115_190424.jpg

I like your idea of growing some micro tomatoes
in the tent this winter. I have some seeds from a
few seasons past, maybe 8-10 varieties. Should
give it a go once Covid releases its grip.

I like your idea of growing some micro tomatoes
in the tent this winter. I have some seeds from a
few seasons past, maybe 8-10 varieties. Should
give it a go once Covid releases its grip.
You mean.... you have covid? 🤒

Back