• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver_Surfer's Pod Pickin's 8-22-09

2LBs 7oz harvest. The Fataliis are slackin this time.
DSCN1013.jpg

Datils
DSCN1015.jpg

Nagas and a few Fish
DSCN1017.jpg

Habs and Fataliis
DSCN1021.jpg

That's it for today, gotta go cut some okra and grass.

Nice harvest SS but this thread sure feels like deja vu to me. Your a great pepper farmer but can't wait till we get some variety in your garden. Datils are unreal producers right through the heat of the summer, mine is full of ripe pods just to hot outside to go and get them. I am having the toughest time just keeping my pro-mix from drying out the past few weeks, but my plants are over my head and full of green pods so a big fall harvest is just weeks away. I am picking handfuls almost everyday as I need them right now. Can't wait to see your pepper garden next season SS with all that space.:D

Pics of the garden and some Datil just picked and some from last pickin'.
IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

PeteyPepper said:
Looks great SS! I think Datils are a must grow for me next year.

Hope you get to enjoy some of that JD later today!:lol:

Thanks. Datils are fine tasting and very prolific but take a while before ripe pods arrive. JD is a daily occurrence around here, in moderation of course. ;-)

Noshownate said:
so envious!!
are they in dehydrating trays?

Yep, but I think I'll pickle these.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Nice harvest SS but this thread sure feels like deja vu to me. Your a great pepper farmer but can't wait till we get some variety in your garden. Datils are unreal producers right through the heat of the summer, mine is full of ripe pods just to hot outside to go and get them. I am having the toughest time just keeping my pro-mix from drying out the past few weeks, but my plants are over my head and full of green pods so a big fall harvest is just weeks away. I am picking handfuls almost everyday as I need them right now. Can't wait to see your pepper garden next season SS with all that space.

Nice Datils PRF. I'm wanting the variety as well and have these seeds destined for germination next season. I wish Pro Mix was available here as it would be faster and more convenient than rolling my own.

7 Pot
Aconcagua
Aji Amarillo
Aji Angelo
Aji Cereza
Aji de la Tierra
Aji Lucento
Aji Panca
Ancho San Martin
Antillias Caribbean
Big Sun Habanero
Black Hungarian
Bonda Ma Jacque
Bhut Jolokia
Burkina Yellow Habanero
Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Caribbean Red
Charleston Hot
Chinense Five-Color
Costeno Amarillo
Cumari o Passarinho
Datil
Dorset Naga
Douglah
Fatalii
Fish
Habanero Red
Jalapeno
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Jamaica Red Scotch Bonnet
Lemon Drop
Manzano Red
Manzano Orange
Marconi Gold
Marconi Red
Mucho Nacho
Naga Morich
Nardello
Peru Yellow
Piment d' Espelette
Pimiento
Pimento Super Red
Punjab
Purple Flash
Queen Laurie PI1281405
Rocoto Yellow
Safi Scotch Bonnet
Tobago Seasoning
Trinidad Scorpion
Turkish Delight

And the list is still growing.
I can see myself buried in pods next year. :rolleyes:

patrick said:
Yellow is swiftly becoming a favorite color of mine.

Thanks to the both of you.

Yellow is nice, so is purple, red, orange, black, green, brown, white, pink and even peach. ;)

QuadShotz said:

Thanks Quad, I really hope you get pod set soon.

Nice SS you know with a comment like I had above you are more than welcome to any seed I have. I would love to see a few of my strains in your garden next year. Your pod production has been extraordinary this season to say the least. I am already on craigslist looking for chicken poo for next year. Good to have you at THP and congrats on your 1,000 posts!:cheers:

Thanks PRF, I really appreciate those kind words.

Your brain strain 7 really caught my attention. I'll PM you my email addy and see if I have something to trade you might be interested in too.

Man I love Datils. They are my favorite pepper so far. I have Fataliis growing this year but they are taking forever to ripen!

Steve973 said:
Man I love Datils. They are my favorite pepper so far. I have Fataliis growing this year but they are taking forever to ripen!

Steve...
If you like datil you will LOVE fatalii!!!!

Silver_Surfer said:
7 Pot
Aconcagua
Aji Amarillo
Aji Angelo
Aji Cereza
Aji de la Tierra
Aji Lucento
Aji Panca
Ancho San Martin
Antillias Caribbean
Big Sun Habanero
Black Hungarian
Bonda Ma Jacque
Bhut Jolokia
Burkina Yellow Habanero
Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Caribbean Red
Charleston Hot
Chinense Five-Color
Costeno Amarillo
Cumari o Passarinho
Datil
Dorset Naga
Douglah
Fatalii
Fish
Habanero Red
Jalapeno
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Jamaica Red Scotch Bonnet
Lemon Drop
Manzano Red
Manzano Orange
Marconi Gold
Marconi Red
Mucho Nacho
Naga Morich
Nardello
Peru Yellow
Piment d' Espelette
Pimiento
Pimento Super Red
Punjab
Purple Flash
Queen Laurie PI1281405
Rocoto Yellow
Safi Scotch Bonnet
Tobago Seasoning
Trinidad Scorpion
Turkish Delight

Eeeeesh, good thing you don't want to grow a lot of chili eh? :P Can't wait to see how that grow goes.

Solid work dude

Back