• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Sims mystery plant thread

Hey everyone! As most of you know, I got a bag of mystery seeds this year. I ended up keeping 8 of them. One finally has enough pods for me to start taking stabs at an ID, so without anything further, mystery pepper 1!

Our first mystery pepper was the first to germinate out of all and is not a super hot. I know this because I pinched some of the flowers and it didn’t hurt me. I’m sensitive enough that root contact on another plant burned a bit.
IMG_6408.jpeg
IMG_6410.jpeg
IMG_6410.jpeg
IMG_6411.jpeg
IMG_6412.jpeg
IMG_6409.jpeg

Hiya sim, What region did you receive them from by chance?

Cherry bomb probably right, it's weird how the same pepper can have different names...

cheers!

Last edited:
Hiya sim, What region did you receive them from by chance?

Cherry bomb probably right, it's weird how the same pepper can have different names...

cheers!
Ah! These are mystery floor seeds from Atlantic pepper seeds, meaning they could be anything from that catalogue. He has over 2000 varieties so it’s a fun game :)

More mysteries! Starting with my favourite bushy purple one, just starting to flower:
IMG_6644.jpeg
IMG_6645.jpeg
IMG_6641.jpeg

next, I think I found my superhot- that pod doesn’t look friendly at all!
IMG_6654.jpeg

Now another two in the same railing planter. One has purple stem, one without. Forgive the foliage, I tried mulching the container and the mulch must have been bad because everything it touched except for the strawberries ran in to the same issue.

lefty:

IMG_6646.jpeg
IMG_6648.jpeg
IMG_6649.jpeg

righty:

IMG_6650.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg

IMG_6652.jpeg

still no colour on my first mystery so can’t ID yet. This is fun!!

Mystery #1 getting more pods larger and they’re starting to lighten up - Atlantic pepper seeds says that if they’re orange they’re more likely to be their APS sweet orange something something. I just think it’s hilarious that such a small plant looks like it’s growing it’s own Christmas ornaments. I might re sow one for the holidays!
IMG_6874.jpeg

Elsewhere, the anthro mystery is very happy with life:
IMG_6880.jpeg

The probable super hot looking more gnarled every day
IMG_6876.jpeg

Looking for an possible ID on this one now - all the pods have an indent on both sides, like the shape of 8
IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6871.jpeg

And this one with it’s stunted/small growth only set two pods but they’re so cute!! I love the shape of them.
IMG_6872.jpeg

For the eagle eyed viewers the sticky traps in my mystery planters have only shown fungus gnats (good!) but elsewhere have still been catching whiteflies and the occasional aphid. I’m ok with occasional aphids, that’s only natural. Spiders and lady bugs doing their job ❤️

Nice to see some pod action after that long lasting heat wave isn't it?! On a side note, I'm very intrigued by this mystery plant of yours.
1690771898282.png

I know many varieties are almost identical in look/structure/growth habit but this one looks a lot like a little gem of mine. Please keep me posted!
1690771829332.png

Back