• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Single leaf with red patches?

Yep. It isn't that neccessary at this point though, so if you don't have one don't sweat it. I was just interested to find out. Lots of issues can be cured quite rapidly without this whole "everybody guess" game, when you know where your ph is.

By having the right soil environment to start with and using nutrients that don't build up over time, leaving your food soil web destroyed. Preventative is always better than curative.

That's true. I want to ask, do chemical ferts have any adverse effects on the soil organisms? I heard that it kills them, but all of the articles I've found are from sites that deal with organic ferts.

Yes. If you're using chemical fertilizers then your soil won't be "alive". It will just be something for the roots to anchor to at that point. The benefits of have a living soil far outweigh using chemicals. Not to mention how much cheaper it is, safer, and natural.

Yes. If you're using chemical fertilizers then your soil won't be "alive". It will just be something for the roots to anchor to at that point. The benefits of have a living soil far outweigh using chemicals. Not to mention how much cheaper it is, safer, and natural.

Makes sense! Living soil provides the plant with nutrients by converting organic materials, right? I suppose, start using fish fertillizer and bone meal? lol

Sooooo, what about an update? Lets see the results of that transplant! How are things going?
'

I should, shouldn't I? You can find the update in my glog:

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/26468-shigshwas-humble-grow-log-now-with-resized-pics/page__st__40

Back