• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Skunks and hot peppers?

Anyone ever heard of skunks eating peppers?

Late last night I had a skunk let loose right by the house. I ran to close all of the windows and then tried to figure out what set the darn thing off. Dogs were inside so not them. Got the spot light out and peered through the kitchen window. Saw this poor stripped bugger rolling around out back by the garden. He stuck around for about ten minutes before moving on. Looked pretty miserable.

This morning I checked the garden. Still smelled pretty bad out there. Couldn't find any half eaten peppers, but it kinda makes me wonder what ol' stinky was up to.

My poor old dog, who has tangled with a couple of skunks in his lifetime, hid under the bed and whimpered. I can only hope that that stripped bastard got a mouthful of hurt.

Pepper Turd said:
My poor old dog, who has tangled with a couple of skunks in his lifetime, hid under the bed and whimpered. I can only hope that that stripped bastard got a mouthful of hurt.

Now that is funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just trapped one outta the yard a bit ago. That's some funny stuff. Too bad about the spray though. How long does it take to totally dissapate?

The worst of it was over in a couple of hours. It rained pretty heavy this morning and the smell was pretty subtle by the garden this afternoon. The house is fine but the stench seems to permeate things made of rubber like the door and window seals. I can still smell it for a second when I open the door.

I just wish I had a video camera!

boutros said:
Just trapped one outta the yard a bit ago. That's some funny stuff. Too bad about the spray though. How long does it take to totally dissapate?

I get use to it!!! No...wait...thats me! I gotta go shower!

Back