• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Slow Germination?

I planted my seeds about a week and a half ago and nothing has popped yet.

Soil has been kept wet but not damp
Inside a mini greenhouse + warm temps outside 90+

Are they just being stubborn?

Yes they take a while and also depending on the seeds some have a percentage of success of germ. as others have a low percentage of germ.

and depending what your growing or what kind cause, bhuts & etc sometimes take a good min to germ.

wait like a week more...

Alright thanks everyone :) I'll give them a month and a half and if nothing i'll just start over haha!

Yeah thinking about doing another little set of seeds actually :/
But I am kinda out of some of the strains i planted :(

amen to that Willard...

Valin...IMO if your seeds don't germinate and produce hooks within 2 weeks, you are either doing something not optimum for germination or you got bad seeds....

you really want constant temps for germination (80-86F is optimum)...after they germinate and start growing, temperature variations have less impact...NOTE: If the temperature of your soil/seeds get above 94 or 95F and stay there for a pretty good while, your seeds will cook and not germinate at all...

just out of curiosity, are you using peat pucks to start your seeds in?

@ Jack - No I am not using peat pellets I am using a soil with pearlite,castings,etc and the soil temp stays around 82. Thermometer comes in handy there haha! :)

@Rob - All superhots

Back