Slyboy says hello

So a new member here from the UK. My name is David and I have been growing chillies for about 5 years now. Generally I have been growing on a domestic scale and last year I got into hydro using flood and drain systems as well as soil and a quad grow passive hydro with a variety of peppers (fatalli jigsaw, scotch bonnet, turtle claw, long slim cayenne, Lucy, 7pot, Zimbabwe bird, peter pepper, ring of fire, bishops crown, naga jolokia and joes long slim to name a few!)

This year I am going to try out NFT Hydro to see if I can get larger crops - I got somewhere in the region of 5kg this year. I built a 10x8" greenhouse last year so that should help out with my crops and I have auto vents and electric heating in it to give me a head start to my season.

I have just started my germination of my superhots this year so should start posting pictures in Jan or Feb. I will start a grow log at some point too.

Last year I made a variety of sauces and chilli products to raise some money for charity and this year am considering doing more sauces.

I have been active on uk chilli forums for years but thought I would drop in here as I know most of you kind folks are from the USA and thought you could teach me a thing or two!

Thanks folks. A few pics from my grow this year.

null_zps493242af.jpg

99169ce86d2af7e7a51e4b95dfb3b198.jpg

37ffbfb2b70999a0da3480725f3fd60c.jpg

:welcome: from new jersey USA. Nice plants. Are the white things in the greenhouse fans or lights. I'm using an iPod and it's hard to tell.

:welcome: from new jersey USA. Nice plants. Are the white things in the greenhouse fans or lights. I'm using an iPod and it's hard to tell.

Hi scarecrw, thanks for the welcome. These white objects are yo yo hangers, which are retractable plant supports to hold the branches up as they grow. They are quite cheap and indispensable.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back