• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Small, black dots on leaves

Hi all,

I have some young, indoor chili plants that are developing small, black dots on the tops sides of the leaves. These dots appear on the leaves that are closest to the grow light, which is about 5 inches away. I'm not sure what this is and how to fix it. These plants are indoors so it's definitely not insects. I bottom water my plants every three days or so. So far, I've given them about a teaspoon of bone meal and a light sprinkling of epsom salts when I first transferred them from the propagator to the pots. That was about five or six weeks ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

I am sure someone will come along soon and offer sound advice.
Not saying it is insects, as I do not know... but I do know
that insects can attack indoor plants too.

Hey Jenny...is where you are keeping it really moist all the time?

Hi AJ, it's pretty cold and dry inside the house. I only water when the top inch of soil gets dry (every 3 days or so). I hope it isn't serious.

Thanks!

Leaf spot. A light organic sulphur application will fix that. As AJ was getting at, try to lower the humidity and water from the bottom, being careful not to get water on the plant as you do so. Try and get more air circulation going on as well :)

Leaf spot. A light organic sulphur application will fix that. As AJ was getting at, try to lower the humidity and water from the bottom, being careful not to get water on the plant as you do so. Try and get more air circulation going on as well :)

Thank you! I'll get a fan going and be careful about the watering. Also, do you know if leaf spot is something that cause the death of the plants? Kind of paranoid because the chillies with leaf spot are a pepper variety I've been wanting for a long time.

Thanks, AJ.

Btw, thanks for helping Dominica with the e-book! She said you sent her a lot of really helpful feedback.

do you know if leaf spot is something that cause the death of the plants? Kind of paranoid because the chillies with leaf spot are a pepper variety I've been wanting for a long time.
Well...if not kept in check and allowed to go crazy yes, it can wipe a plant out and strip it down to nothing but a stalk. But you wont let that happen right? Spray a little sulphur on em and all will be cured.

Back