• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Small Indoor Light Setup

I just recently got into growing hot peppers, and since it is turning cold where I live I will have to do it indoors. I live in a small apartment building so I will be growing a pepper plant in a tight space. This is my first grow, so I am unsure if I am correct in all this, but my plan is to keep it in a small pot on a shelf in my apatrtment and grow it with potting soil and fertilizer under a grow light, topping the plant whenever necessary. I've looked at multiple grow lights, and I am not sure what to go with for my plant. I had seen this one on amazon which is cheap and seems like it would fit well over my plant, but probably wouln't work well if I added a second plant on the same shelf later in the future. Any advice on budget lights (preferably LED) or just grow setups in generally would be great. Thanks!

You might have trouble with the plant not producing pollen. Are you using a grow tent? That can help to conserve light. In addition, if you could put it in direct sun during flowering season, you might have some more luck. If you are only growing 1 small plant, you might be ok just with that light.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I would not have a grow tent. It will be in a room that has an open window,but due to the layout of the room it cannot go directly in front of it. Ideally I would like to do two plants at the same time, and I found a similar light just longer, but I'm not sure that it has enough power.

There should be a section on here about lights, I would go check that out. You should be better off getting a smaller(but same power) light, as the power would be more concentrated over your plant. If I recall correctly, around 30 watts per square foot is ideal, but with a way to prevent that light from spreading out, you can go to mid 20s.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back