• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Smart Pots (felt) vs Aero Pots

Any thought on these especially the felt ones ?
They are much cheaper and allegedly work in the same manor where in the roots don't do 360's and are self pruning ?

I use the 10 gallon smart pots (felt ones) for second year plants and they love them it seems...

smart pots work great for me. I see a noticeable difference in the size of the plants in smart pots in comparison to the plants in the same size clay pots

So dollar for dollar better than the aero pots ?
Still don't understand how they are similar in keeping the roots from doing 360's as with the Aero's. Do the roots squeeze through the felt?

I tried smart pots one a 20 gal other a 10 gallon for overwintering both plants were transplanted last fall into the SP"s and they did much better then the plant that i did not put into a smart pot.. Aero pots are quite expensive i have also thought about trying them but have not yet..
I have not seen any "Roots" squeeze through the felt yet but its only been 5 months they have been transplanted into the sp.
I have a few more sp's i have not used yet 7,10 &15's gal. and i think if i continue to use them i will stick with the 15 gal. the 20 gal is quite heavy (75 lbs) when i did the transplant of moist soil + plant.

Back