• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoke THIS!

Ok I set her up again last night, Got a Shoulder and 3 racks of Babies, did a dry Scorpion/brown sugar rub(a few other ingredients as well). Did my usual up every 2-3 hour routine. Fall/Winter sunrises remind me why, I love it here. The drippings are in a pot with some tomato puree(we make our own here), BBQ sauce in a few hours.
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0109.jpg
IMG_0110.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg

Once again I was in a rush to EAT!!!! Here is a 1/4 Rack and the sliced Smoked Pork(bagged already) I was chomping on the pork so much I only had room for 5 ribs....
IMG_0101.jpg

Boooo why'd you slice the shoulder? Shoulder is for pullin' loin is for slicin'. Overcooked it and had to slice?

No not even close 185 inside temp when it came off, We use it for sandwiches.

The best sliced pork is always the Shoulder, perfect balance of fat and tender meat, anyone with good skill using a slicer can do(no with the grain cuts)the job. Any retard can slice a loin, it's good but not up to the shoulder for flavor, just my opinion after slicing thousands of pork sandwiches.

Yeah there's a part of the butt good for slicing, the money muscle. I like the rest pulled.

I can see for cold sandwiches a thin slice is nicer than a pulled chunk. Do your thang and post a sammie up, mayo, and pickles.

On cold cut pork no mayo?? Boo.

The only way I'd do mayo would be a horseradish mayo on that cold cut pork, and heavy on the horse.

I'd want the meat to be the star of the show but want something a little extra to challenge it for the title.

The horsemayo I think would compliment well as would a good stone ground mustard but not both together.

Thinking about it now, I can almost taste some thick cut bread & butter pickles with that pork too.

Oh, Krykey yes! where the hael is the everlovin mayo?

3 duplicate pictures and NO MAYO!!!

hahahaha I love it. and I'm lovin it.

whoot!

Back