• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking smoked cheese

smoking cheese is easy and cheaper if you do it yourself. the added bonus is that you know it tastes better when you make it yourself..lol

first off, here is video explaining how to make a cold smoker out of a new soldering iron and a tin can
now for using a BBQ with a side firebox you....

start with 4 or 5 charcoal briquettes in the firebox outside edge
m75h1g.jpg

put the cheese on the cooking chamber furthest away from the firebox...For best results keep your temp low +/-80 degrees, woods that render lighter/mellow flavored smokes and a firmer type cheese (cheddar,gouda,etc.). You will have to dabble with your smoking time, but for starters try 45-60 minutes. As with all smoking, there are NO constants. There ARE too many variables. Part of the fun is seeing how it (whatever you are smoking) turns out. Good luck.

sbsr5e.jpg

mjoaqs.jpg

Agreed, thanks.

Bam, I'd like to have your grill/smoker and the view. Looks like you have part of the good life there man, congrats.

patrick said:
Agreed, thanks.

Bam, I'd like to have your grill/smoker and the view. Looks like you have part of the good life there man, congrats.

i like that smoker/grill as well sadly it isnt mine but is a friends yard and smoker..lol

Noshownate said:
looks heluva good, the cheese doesnt melt? that seems like it would be hard having the cheese not melt.

nope the cheese wont melt, it does get soft. you have to make sure that your temps stay low. you are just inmparting smoke flavor not actual heat

Back