• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Smoking/cooking Ribs on a Gas Grill

That's actually closer to the temp I smoke at (120 -140) with a small charcoal fire. Three to four hours of smoke until the meat starts pulling away from the bone, then sauce and foil pan/wrap increasing temp to 225 for about the last hour.

But as you've already seen here, there is no one right way to do it. ;)

PS I'm a falloffthebone kind of ribber. Competition style just means the judges got tired of waiting so don't mind it a little undercooked. :P

mecdave said:
That's actually closer to the temp I smoke at (120 -140) with a small charcoal fire. Three to four hours of smoke until the meat starts pulling away from the bone, then sauce and foil pan/wrap increasing temp to 225 for about the last hour.

But as you've already seen here, there is no one right way to do it. ;)

PS I'm a falloffthebone kind of ribber. Competition style just means the judges got tired of waiting so don't mind it a little undercooked. :P
That is how I cook my Ribs, when your Family and friends cant get a word out otherwise when chowin down on that meat Candy you know you did your job!

How can you smoke on a gas grill?   I do the 2-2-1 method Get the smoker up to 225  2 hours unwrapped 2 hours wrapped in foil and the last hour out of the foil.  But maintain 225 degrees.

I've even resorted to this when nothing else is around!

smokeeee_zps0c353adc.jpg

smooky2_zps0a0393e0.jpg

Back