• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking smoking my first pork butt for pulled pork..........

Boooooo this is the biggest letdown in THP history!

It's a good thing she's not on Nova's list. Only four people told her to take pics... PF you are off the hook.

At least we got to look at the oven ribs. Yeah, PF is off the hook lol.

tsk. tsk. tsk.

Kat, since you didn't post pics.....

Now I have to shoot this dog! sorry...it's the rule's...

Shootthisdog-1.jpg

well crap... now I feel really bad!
I may just have to make another one and document the entire process....
Today I was doing all of this while getting my house staged for a 4pm showing, and getting my daughter ready for a sleep-over.
I was a little scattered.
Even though the pork was awesome, I think it would make even better pork samitches!

Katrina said:
well crap... now I feel really bad!
I may just have to make another one and document the entire process....
Today I was doing all of this while getting my house staged for a 4pm showing, and getting my daughter ready for a sleep-over.
I was a little scattered.
Even though the pork was awesome, I think it would make even better pork samitches!

Post the 'poke sammiches pics and all is forgiven.

NOTE: I didn't shoot the dog. Gun wasn't loaded.

Kat, sounds like you did a great job, congrats, and my mouth is watering so bad right now.....

One Question:

you say you smoked it till 1pm then braised it till 5pm......What did you mean by 'braised it'?? Not a comment just trying to picture what you did cause it all sounds so good!!!!:)

moyboy said:
Kat, sounds like you did a great job, congrats, and my mouth is watering so bad right now.....

One Question:

you say you smoked it till 1pm then braised it till 5pm......What did you mean by 'braised it'?? Not a comment just trying to picture what you did cause it all sounds so good!!!!:)

They invented this neat new thing and it's now available on the internet for everyone. It's called a dictionary!!!

texas blues said:
They invented this neat new thing and it's now available on the internet for everyone. It's called a dictionary!!!

I so badly want to smash you right now!!!!!!!!

I really hope that dog turned on you when you put the gun down!!

:rofl: It's just lucky i'm a great guy and have no hate in my heart......and that i'm a little drunk!! :)

moyboy said:
I so badly want to smash you right now!!!!!!!!

I really hope that dog turned on you when you put the gun down!!

:rofl: It's just lucky i'm a great guy and have no hate in my heart......and that i'm a little drunk!! :)

: sings :

"I get knocked down...but I get up again....I get knocked down...."

Simmer down poof. No need to stop acting a lady. :lol:

texas blues said:
: sings :

"I get knocked down...but I get up again....I get knocked down...."

Simmer down poof. No need to stop acting a lady. :lol:

Maybe he wants PF's tiara? Oh and Moyboy, braising means cooking in liquid. What did you braise it in Kat?

The braising liquid I used was homemade from scraps found in my fridge.

Applejuice, tomato paste, cumin, brown sugar, AC vinegar, 2 onions, 10 cloves garlic, roasted NUMEX from last fall, a little water, and a dash of smoked fatalii powder.

Simmered for about an hour before adding the butt, and this mixture to a crock for braising.
Set temp at 250*f.
After 4 hours I removed the meat and let it rest. While I let my meat rest (shut up) I strained, then reduced the braising liquid.
It made an AWESOME BBQ sauce, but I didn't use it on the mexican rice dish last night. It should be fantastic on the poke sammy for lunch tho!

Don't build us all up again just to disappoint :D

Back