• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Smoothies who makes them ?

I think the one I make is relatively healthy.  It might not exactly be low calorie, but it is filled with nutritious goodness... and it tastes pretty good too.  I would rather get that caloric intake from fruit / vegetables than a burger and fries.  :-P

grantmichaels said:
Does anyone make a smoothie they think tastes good? ... and by that I mean, a transitional smoothie ... one that's half-healthy ...

Every half-tasty smoothie I've ever had, doesn't turn out to be all that much healthier than just having chicken breast sandwich ...

The only smoothie I've ever REALLY liked (acai and protein powder) came from a fitness supplies store ... but I mean, that thing was a meal-replacement ...
Mine taste amazing, I get a craving for them sometimes when I get the munchies  ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
I have a recipe that involves fresh lime juice, mangoes, triple sec and tequila if interested. :P

You know me, I'll try anything and everything ... postie up and I'll take a crack at it (in the next 6 months) if you don't mind ...

I think I'm good about getting to everything (except mailing out Mystery Citrus seeds), but there's usually a little delay while it lives in my Inbox ;) ...
FreeportBum said:
Mine taste amazing, I get a craving for them sometimes when I get the munchies  ;)

Postie up or PM please =) ...

It's called frozen margarita

you_big_dummy.png

I usually just do 2 bananas, a handful of frozen berries, a bit of plain yogurt and some apple juice. I turns out quite well.

We make smoothies now and then. I try all sorts of different stuff. I used to use a juicer, but I like getting all the pulp and nutritious stuff. We actually made some last night.

I used Granny Smith apples, oranges l, kiwi, blueberries, and added some coconut milk for liquid. Sooo good.

One of my favorites though is just carrots and oranges. Love those two flavors together. Blackberries go with anything too.

Ozzy2001 said:
We make smoothies now and then. I try all sorts of different stuff. I used to use a juicer, but I like getting all the pulp and nutritious stuff. We actually made some last night.

I used Granny Smith apples, oranges l, kiwi, blueberries, and added some coconut milk for liquid. Sooo good.

One of my favorites though is just carrots and oranges. Love those two flavors together. Blackberries go with anything too.
I'm looking forward to making them from my garden this year. I have several berry varieties, greens, carrots, fruit etc......

SavinaRed said:
Any smoothie makers out there who have some favorite recipes? 

Have you ever tried any type of hot peppers in a smoothie ?

What type of machine are you using and how is the texture ?

Right now we are using the Ninja 1200 Ultra Kitchen System and primarily use frozen fruit and almond milk or fruit juice. No yogurt. Sometimes I use milk with a banana smoothie. 

All the time!  No pepper pods though.

I have a blendtec total blender.

My favorite smoothie is:

Apple juice
Frozen blueberries
Frozen rapberrries
A handful of fresh spinach
1/2 banana
1 carrot
2 ice cubes
1 tbsp of agave nectar or honey

The bomb!!

t0mato said:

All the time!  No pepper pods though.

I have a blendtec total blender.

My favorite smoothie is:

Apple juice
Frozen blueberries
Frozen rapberrries
A handful of fresh spinach
1/2 banana
1 carrot
2 ice cubes
1 tbsp of agave nectar or honey

The bomb!!
thanks for the recipe !!!

1 cup Whole milk
2 Tbs Cocoa Powder
2 Bananas
2 scoops Peanut Butter

Simple,but,very tasty and packed with protein,potassium etc.

Goes down great after a hard workout.

I use an old blender. Nothing fancy,but,gets the job done.

Now that some of my berries are ripening like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries along with spinach, swiss chard, carrots I've been making some smoothies from the garden. Next month I'll have some ripe blackberries, peaches and nectarines to add in with the smoothies. I'm feeling rather healthy lately.   :)

Back