• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

in-ground So gonna try to grow or fix my coolapeno pepper plant by planting in the ground.

Codeman said:

So adding both perlite and vermiculite is better than one or the other by itself? What brand of Perlite do you use? I am using miracle gro perlite and it seems to crumble easy. Maybe a different brand of perlite doesn't crumble as easy?

I don't even crumble Perlite and yes I use the same brand as you do. I never had a problem with it crumbling by-it-self it could of been a handling issue with the company you bought it from.

I have yet to find a brand without miracle grow fertilizer in it and it kills me because i grow organically. I do use both Perlite and Vermiculite together at about 1 cup each per 5 gallons of organic potting soil.

hotpepperguy said:

I don't even crumble Perlite and yes I use the same brand as you do. I never had a problem with it crumbling by-it-self it could of been a handling issue with the company you bought it from.

I have yet to find a brand without miracle grow fertilizer in it and it kills me because i grow organically. I do use both Perlite and Vermiculite together at about 1 cup each per 5 gallons of organic potting soil.

I have a hand tiller with 3 metal prongs and i mixed my perlite back and forth without a wheelbarrell so that is probably why and I hand mixed as well so I probably crushed it that way.

Back