So i just recently switched to hydro.......help :p

No more soil for me, everything is switched to hydro.. however i'm getting alot of leaf drop and droopy looking plants? Shock from the move? or should i be changing my water more regularly or not mixing any nutes at all yet ?  any advice ? 

*Just changed the water/nutes, washed everything down again ( clay pellets/pots/lines and airstones ) started fresh again.

yes i went from soil to hydro.   Grabbing pics now.

jrj3dkj.jpg

pj6dJjv.jpg

owVjqvE.jpg

63IneJl.jpg

a3xSYIo.jpg

Looks like you got a bit of nute burn on with some of the leaves. The yellowing looks like either a deficiency or a nute lockout.

What nutes and the strength of the solution are you using? Are you using tap water or RO?

Neil

looks like you shocked the shit out of them. hope you have a pH tester, a PPM tester, and some clean distilled water. gotta get that hydro straightened out.

ph is beetween 6-7 from my tap, nutes are floranova series following the directions on the bottles per gallon.

got some air going to the roots?
I have no issues other than a couple days of droop going from dirt to hydro, a bit more droop and drop going from hydro to dirt.

My only trick is to fill to the top of the pebbles on going to hydro, letting the level fall to proper level naturally, making sure good bubbles going all the time.

I do rinse every bit of dirt off the roots first, and use the standard nute mix ratios as recommended.

I have two 4 inch air stones with a 40-60 gal / h pump. I can already see them bouncing back but this is day two was getting kind of concerned
Got a pic of yours Matt ? How is it able to handle peppers ?

I assume that you don't have a ppm meter. I had issues with my tap water when I first started with hydro nutes and coco. My tap water is really hard (500 ppm) and was locking out nutes. Perhaps try mixing your formula in RO water and see how things go.

Neil

I've done the same recently (i'm a first time hydro too). Moved three plants from soil to hydro.  One bhut in DWC and a hab and a fatalli in a modified dutch bucket kinda set-up. 

I adjusted pH and got the ppm in the 400-600 range and my plants looked similar to yours for about a week.  Saw some burn/bubbling on the old larger leaves and a bit of yellowing too.  You could try top watering a bit until the roots grow into the reservoir below or as GoTrox says fill the res higher.

After a week or so I saw the older leaves that burnt the worst are dropping off, but the new growth is coming back quicker than I have ever seen in soil and its nice and green, with only a very slight bubbling. Coincidentally, I noticed that the plants started to look healthier when the roots got about 1 inch below the bucket.  So, I would not panic.  They might not look pretty for a while, but they will probably come good. 

More experienced hydro people like GoTrox might see rebound after a couple of days, but if you are like me and a total newbie, it took a week or so of playing about with the strength of the nutes, pH etc to get them close to correcting the lockouts, burn issues etc.  Are you running all the plants from the same reservoir like me?? If so, the challenge I've found is that my plants are slightly different sizes (all classed as seedlings I guess) and are different types of plant, so their nute requirements are different.  Therefore, I've accepted I'm probably always going to have some bubbled leaves or minor burn issues for a while.

Good luck though dude.

Use 1/2 the recommended nutrient concentration for chiles....remember what the manufacturer is selling.

Get a nutrient concentration meter, some leaves look nutrient burned.

A ppm meter helped me ID my problem (hard water) and correct it. I'm sure others that are more experienced with hydro can do without, but it's a great help for me. I bought the Hydrofarm HM COM100 Waterproof EC/TDS And Temperature Combo Meter from Amazon. It does what it's supposed to and I'm happy with it so far.

I simplified my system by going to RO water and GreatfulH3AD's formula. It really took the guesswork out of it all because I was new to hydro and I have no idea what my water composition is. Now that I'm on my second year with coco and hydro nutes, I'm hoping that I can start getting it tuned for chilies.

Neil

Back