• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense So I tried a Jay's Peach Scorpion.

Holy moly! That thing was intense!
Hottest pepper I've ever tried.
My stomach was on fire for over an hour.
Nice thing is, they were dried pods so know I have seeds :-)

I grew and tried them last year. Not a pepper that impressed me much fresh. I might find more of a use for it dried and powdered.

I'm growing Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion this year from some pods I had last year, the pods I had were pretty tasty but we will see how this turns out. Hopefully they grow true. I don't remember it being blistering hot past any super hot though. If they grow true I'll have to send you a few so you can tell me if they taste the same or different.

20151011_183946.jpg

Don't get me wrong, they did not taste disgusting or unbearably unpleasant. But they tore my stomach up pretty bad and that is a turn off, always.

here's my first ripe pod ever of these, and an unripe one with a little tail. so from what it sounds like i should powder these and not eat them raw or cook? lol

20160327_154021.jpg

20160327_154036.jpg

BigB said:
here's my first ripe pod ever of these, and an unripe one with a little tail. so from what it sounds like i should powder these and not eat them raw or cook? lol

20160327_154021.jpg

20160327_154036.jpg
No. You should definitely try them fresh. You may not have issue with them and by not trying them you would never know. Besides, trying different peppers in different ways provides you with an opinion to share.

CAPCOM said:
No. You should definitely try them fresh. You may not have issue with them and by not trying them you would never know. Besides, trying different peppers in different ways provides you with an opinion to share.

I'm not one to eat fresh super hots, with that being said, I usually cut off the tip to see what they taste like. I'll be sure to try this one. Maybe I can trick Ram here on the forum to eat half of this one with me haha

These things are great as a powder. They have a fruit taste that should be great in any sauce with fruit in it. Fresh, they had a watered down taste and a long, time release heat. Tom

BigB said:
Soooooo.......just the tip?

I'm not one to eat fresh super hots, with that being said, I usually cut off the tip to see what they taste like. I'll be sure to try this one. Maybe I can trick Ram here on the forum to eat half of this one with me haha

Back