• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests So what happened to the stink bugs?

So here we are going into August, and I haven't seen a single, solitary stink bug this year. Not one. Not a stink bug baby, nor a stink bug egg. Nada. Zip.

Last year it was a Biblical situation - 1/2 of my garden destroyed. This winter, they were crawling all over my house - coming out of the vents, crawling out through the drains.

Anyone else seen a stink bug this year?

(not that I'm complaining)

Guess what, the stink bug queen just read this post while she was looking for some new gardens to invade. Standby for stinkage... :lol:

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!! I saw one the other day on a leaf. I am watching for more. Only saw one and hope the big heat wave killed them all, but I know better

Ok then I am not arguing with their late arrival. I have seen some but not in my garden. I did see some back then and a few in June. In june I did coat the garden with seven dust so that may have been a stopper. Loads of pods now so to fight them I have to find a different way or spray. For now I will just pray they stay away.

As soon as it cools ... They will return ...

Right now ... out here in the hayfields of the Shenandoah Valley ... It's grasshoppers ... Millions of them.

I thought gardening was supposed to be relaxing ... :P

I saw one today on my white hab plant... I was looking at the plant real close, didnt see the stink bug till it was almost touching my face. Scared the hell outta me.

They're everywhere here. My tomatoes are getting completely trashed. I have to let them ripen inside if I have any hopes of using them.

You can have some of the little buggers if you want...

I spoke too soon. They've come. And not in one-sies or two-sies. Battalion strength, prepared for take-over.

bbbahagvglkzhkfvghkvhkbgdhcabdvd,fkz flame thrower ,jhb,fhbv,nb,nba.,vnm.vnm#@#^#$%#@%$#@%$#^%$#^463464376 sledgehammer $%#^#3W^#^jgfjhgvjhgfytr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try spinosad something Surfer pointed out for hornworms but works for all chewing in sects... they may not be immune yet.

I have had luck with this more epensive option too... Azamax havent seen any BAD bugs with this.

Went out to my garden today, appears as though they areback and found hundreds of my almost ripe tomatoes. Sad, sad day.

Try spinosad something Surfer pointed out for hornworms but works for all chewing in sects... they may not be immune yet.

I have had luck with this more epensive option too... Azamax havent seen any BAD bugs with this.
Thx for the info, going to remember/bookmark that.

I used the Ortho Flower, Fruit and Vegetable mentioned in the previous Stinkbug discussion, seemed to work well for me, especially for aphids.

Previous discussion: http://www.thehotpep...or-this-season/

Thx for the info, going to remember/bookmark that.

I used the Ortho Flower, Fruit and Vegetable mentioned in the previous Stinkbug discussion, seemed to work well for me, especially for aphids.

Previous discussion: http://www.thehotpep...or-this-season/
Spectracide or Neem oil soap as foliar spray and in irrigation solution......or, Assassin bugs! I lucked out this year, before I left last week, my plants had Assassin bug nymphs all over 'em.I just started hearing about spinosad....will have to investigate....because you know what happens when you think You are home free, and quit worrin' about it(hahaha or temp them with a juicy challenge post!!!)........well, you KNOW!

Back