• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Soaking Seeds

I have heard that seeds often take so long to germinate as its a defence mechanism to prevent them sprouting in the Autumn/ Fall. Maybe putting the seeds if they are well dried in the freezer for a week?

Chris

Blister sent  some seeds to me here in the Philippines.. Im soaking them in hand hot water overnight and planting them in seed trays tomorrow..Here its 30 Celsius pretty constant... I`ll be gutted if i have problems with them germinating...
Fingers crossed and will post a Growing blog if they do.. Treating them like damned gold dust...wish me luck!

I don't soak before planting.

In fact, I just dump the seeds into a single cup, spritz some water, then throw a ziplock bag over top.  Whatever pokes out of the soil, I dig out with a toothpick and transfer into its own cup.

It's a good enough system with a high enough level of success.  Not to mention, the universe hates me enough that it doesn't let things die at the beginning of the process.  It waits until they're about to pay off and then turns the taste of victory to ash in my mouth.

I need to find a delicious aphid recipe....  That should make everything pay off nicely.

Back