• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SocalChilehead 2013

Well I decided to start new now that I cut everything now and will clean up the greenhouse for the new season this weekend.
Now for the List

This what they look likesince I started them earlier
DSCN1261.jpg

That is it for now on my list hopefully, but there is a chance it will expand :banghead:

Thanks Stefan and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year with you and your family

Thanks SJ great combination to have in a growlog from what I have learned by following others. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Rick always great to hear from yea buddy hope everything is going well and have a safe trip back. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Well no plant update, but one this just as great I think Tamales yesterday and today was kitchen festival with me and my family as we created new and enjoyful memories spending time cooking. We made a load full of Tamales for us, our family, and neighbors we made various styles from cheese, cheese and chopped serranos, red chile and pork, green chile and shredded pork rinds, dulce (just raisins and pineapple). and a few superhot for me of course I used only half pods for each one from red bhut, red brainstrain, peach bhut, yellow bhut, and douglah. Eating a fresh cook tamale out the pan with half a superhot was pleasure and worry some for my family the burn was immediate hit to the back of the throat, but the bhut flavor that went with masa and cheese was great. Well enough rambling hopefully everyone had a great Christmas with family and safe trip back home.

Masa plain corn 50 lbs and dule 16 lbs
DSCN1365.jpg

Brown bag special pork rinds
DSCN1366.jpg

Cooking the pork
DSCN1361.jpg

Start of the chile rojo
DSCN1360.jpg

End product chile rojo and carne
DSCN1363.jpg

Chile verde old school
DSCN1389.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg

End product chile verde with pork rinds
DSCN1372.jpg

With some chocolate atole
DSCN1386.jpg

The Red Bhut and cheese tamale
DSCN1379.jpg

Everyone take care and have safe New Year

Man Fernando, You got my juices going for sure! Good times, good people, good food...it doesn't get better than that.

Been. Awhile since I checked in here. Your seedlings look great. And as is your "OW". While most OW are setting new leaves. Yours are setting pods. Hope all is well with your schooling and your grow. Maybe one day next year we can chill. If ever your down in the Azusa (Covina) area hit me up. Happy holidays.

GOOD GOD Fernando, your making me wish I was back in San Antonio. Tamales, well as I understood it from some of the foster kids we had that were of Mexican descent, are traditional on Christmas Eve. Whether that's right or not we were always given a big mess of them by our neighbor across the street. Fresh made and with some, oh am I going to mess up the spelling of this, Frijoles Borrachos. Man all I needed was a good brew to go along.

Prospero Nuevo Ano, Mi Hermano!

Looks like you got a nice head start for next year,Plants look good! Nice looking tamales,was definitely more fun this year making them for us being able to use some of our own peppers.We always make beef tamales w/red chile ,but this year kicked it up a notch and added some of Melissa's red powder to the mix then threw some fresh Trinidad seasonings in there as well! Like that you still mix up your own Masa. Most people are too lazy these days and buy the prepared stuff! Hope you don't mind here's a pic I took while my mom was making ours.

tamales_zps6a1fd480.jpg

Best of Luck this year and a Happy New Year!!

Nick

Fernando, what's up out west brother? Hope schools not keeping you up late at nights with no time for much else. Hold it, isn't that the definition of college? :cool:

Okay, you guys, stop it! I am now insanely
jealous and not to be trifled with :D
:cheers: to great tamales!
Your grow should be getting ready to kick into high
gear, Fernando. Can't wait to see how it all looks now.

Geez man...had to search for this! Been wondering what is up buddy! Knew you were downsizing...wish you were on more though! Can't wait to see what happens next over here!
Shane

Yeah Bro, what Shane said. Hope all is well with you and your making streight A's. Give us an update when you got a few and no we don't mean just about the peppers :)

have a great week Fernando,
Bill

Yum tamales! I love that pestol and morter. Can't find stone ones like that here. We has some spanish stores here, but
you can't find the really good stuff. I remember when I was young we would go to Pico Rivera to get some really good
chicharones. I better stop, I'm getting myself hungry. Hope everything is going well for you.

Yum tamales! I love that pestol and morter. Can't find stone ones like that here. We has some spanish stores here, but
you can't find the really good stuff. ...
If you have a China town or good Chinese market, check there. I found my pestle and mortar at a Chinese super market and they have all kinds of great stuff, even little porcelain dipping bowls that are super nice on da cheap. I use dem for sampling a few different hot sauces when friends over.

you can't find the really good stuff. I remember when I was young we would go to Pico Rivera to get some really good
chicharones. I better stop, I'm getting myself hungry. Hope everything is going well for you.

If you have a China town or good Chinese market, check there. I found my pestle and mortar at a Chinese super market and they have all kinds of great stuff, even little porcelain dipping bowls that are super nice on da cheap. I use dem for sampling a few different hot sauces when friends over.

I saw a lot like that at Cost Plus World Market the other day, not sure on the quality of the stone, but it looked similar.

Hi Fernando
Just checking in to see how it's going. You must be out straight since we haven't heard from you for a couple of weeks. I was thinking about you today because I made some chicken tamales. Cheers

Back