• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Soil Additives, Stump Tea?

Has anyone used, uses, or have any opinions about Stump Tea? I got a sample of it when I purchased my grow lights, I used it a couple time and now I have all these little worms and critters in my soil. The plants are cayenne peppers and there hasn't really been any adverse effects from them but I'm not entirely sure whether they came from my soil or from the tea. I have discontinued use of that stuff and I sterilize my soil now, I will kelp those plants alive to observe them but will also keep them away from my other seedlings.

HTG pushes that stuff. Then they push the overpriced airstone and bucket. I had better results with my own tea actually. Stump tea is quick,simple,and cheap.

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina area of North Carolina !
8227796962_6a8f4b5b0b_t.jpg

Thanks I figure I'll pass on that stuff. When spring comes ill start my own tea, don't really wanna do it in the house, and its to stinking cold and I don't really have the room on my porch

Your soil is ALIVE!
My guess is its from the tea. You have basically inoculated your soil with beneficial bacteria ( its a good thing ).

not sure if I would wanna nuke my soil though, healthy soil is as important as healthy nutrients.

just my .02

God bless you if you can see beneficial bacteria!

You could be seeing bugs that are decomposers,or you could be seeing fungus gnat larvae too. I don't want to see any bugs in my house.

Back