• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil Soil is starting to cycle nicely

mx5inpa said:
The thing about magnesium is the plants that Marine Dad grows - peppers, tomatoes and cannabis all use a lot of it generally. A lot of fruiting plants do. I think he goes a little overboard on the dolomite bashing as what I read implied that too much will cause the problems he states. And most of those problems occur not in pots, but when mixed into real soil.

I found the last statement to be correct when looking it up yesterday morning, especially with unpulverized products. Beside that, it is overrecommended as a bad solution.

As a Ca/Mg input, it seems counterproductive, long break down and if the only input of those sources, the incorrect ratio by most standards, which would explain the Mg def and stunting I glare at daily.. As a soil conditioner in a pot that is going to be turfed in 4 monthes, it seems more applicable. Innumerable people follow the peat/lime/perlite paradigm. That doesn't make it perfect, but it works for their situation.

I live on an island on the west coast and can't find oyster shell flour or crab meal. Explain that :D Soft in the head says I.

Back