• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Soil Testing - Who Does It?

I have been winging it but I dont seem to have any real pepper output like many people I see. I am probably going to pick up a soil test kit to test my nutrients and ph and was wondering if everyone does this or if anyone does...

All my stuff is indoor since I am up in Northern MI and I am just a beginner....

call your local farm bureau, they will have like... 400 places you can get a soil/leaf tissue test done.

its usually cheaper to send it to a local state university.

What Juanitos said.  Not sure about MI, but the county extension offices here in KY are fantastic.  Not sure exactly how they are structured, but they are some sort of fusion between state universities and the state dept. of agriculture.  The result is that if they do not know the answer to something, they can call someone who does.  I am all the time bugging them.  So much that I bring them produce when it is in season.  Let me tell you, unexpected free watermelon will get you places on a hot day.

Well I dont think they do that anywhere here, but meant more for the indoor people, they wont be going outside unless I do a raised bed and for how short our grow season is up here I dont think it would benefit me any...Still having freeze warnings at night right now...

Back