• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Sold as scorpion... Definitely not, but very prolific - any ideas?

My "scorpion " peppers have yielded 4 different breeds, with some being true. This is one that's most definitely NOT a scorpion! No complaints though, as I lost count at around 100 on this plant thus far :D

...any ideas though?
Looks like a hab or savina variety to me, but I could really use some input.

x39vr9.jpg

And here's yet another "scorpion" from the same seed batch... Need some suggestions on this as well , I'm leaning towards a possible Naga of sorts?
33p6exv.jpg

Any ideas are welcome, I truly have now real idea of what these May be... All I know at this point is that their chinense of some sort.

The seeds in question were from (all prepare the mocking!) Seeds Direct on Amazon. Really though, I cannot complain. I got 20 seeds for a couple bucks. All were viable. Many are indeed scorpion, and the others were not. But the ones that were not, are indeed still chinense varieties. Really, I'm quite pleased with the unsuspected grab bag of sorts - just don't know quite what some of them are.

Sold labeled as "Trinidad Moruga Scorpion"

I'm gonna have to say some kind of Naga hybrid.  The first pic looks like a Red Caribbean but as they are maturing they def look like a Naga.  What kind of nutrients are you feeding them things?  You have some monster plants from what I've seen from you posting.  Organic or synthetic?

Jamison said:
I'm gonna have to say some kind of Naga hybrid.  The first pic looks like a Red Caribbean but as they are maturing they def look like a Naga.  What kind of nutrients are you feeding them things?  You have some monster plants from what I've seen from you posting.  Organic or synthetic?

I think those are two separate plants.  I could be mistaken though...  I would say the top ones definitely look like Caribbean Red... I grew those last year.  Can't comment on the bottom photo.

westin said:
I think those are two separate plants.  I could be mistaken though...  I would say the top ones definitely look like Caribbean Red... I grew those last year.  Can't comment on the bottom photo.
Those are indeed two separate plants.

Jamison said:
They've been fertilized with synthetics. Namely miracle grow tomato formula, and the cheaper Wally World knock off called expert gardener.

Back