• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some color and a sick plant

After thinking it would never happen and almost freaking out, I finally had the first of my scotch bonnets get some color today. I thought it would be yellow, but apparently not. I got the seeds through Pepper Joe, so I don't doubt it's a scotch bonnet, but didn't realize until reading some stuff online today, that it might be orange. Anyway, I'm thrilled and wondering how much longer to wait until picking it and sampling it.

ripetwo.jpg

I also have a question. My Bell peppers are having some issues. They've been getting these leaf spots, yellowing and falling off. It concerns me as they are located fairly close to my hot peppers and I'd still like some stuffed peppers before summer is done. Any ideas? I don't think it's overwatering because I've relied mostly on rain this year for the peppers. It may be the cooler days and the dew not drying off as quickly? This just showed up fairly recently
Here's a pic and thanks for your help

spotsone.jpg

I'd say its fungal related and to spray it with some lime sulfur ASAP before it spreads to the rest of your plants
more than likely it was the rain, .cooler days and the dew not drying off as quickly as you mentioned?????

I'd say its fungal related and to spray it with some lime sulfur ASAP before it spreads to the rest of your plants
more than likely it was the rain, .cooler days and the dew not drying off as quickly as you mentioned?????
Thanks JungleRain, I appreciate it. I'll look for lime sulfur, hopefully tomorrow. This could've moved over from my tomatoes which got something as well... not sure. I'm wondering how aggressive I should be next year in regards to fungus stuff and what I can do to head it off early.

Back