• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Some macros of my seedlings (Large Images)

Some macro shots of my seedlings and a gratuitous picture of my dog. All hand held using a Nikon D3100, 40mm Nikon Macro Lens.

hG76U.jpg

5g3bB.jpg

at9zP.jpg

sdv4j.jpg

7jhKK.jpg

dwSX7.jpg

80vQW.jpg

wQuHo.jpg

FvEUj.jpg

JQ80X.jpg

I resized the very large pics.

sdv4jl.jpg

FvEUjl.jpg

Nice images, interesting to see the detail! I sow directly in dirt,
so seldom see a seed cap; when it happens it's usually fatal!

Do you germinate your seeds first? I'm using my own soil mix, maybe that
has something to do with it. Also soaked seeds overnight before sowing.
Anyway, those are nice photos, indeed.

Do you germinate your seeds first? I'm using my own soil mix, maybe that
has something to do with it. Also soaked seeds overnight before sowing.
Anyway, those are nice photos, indeed.

I didnt do anything but put them in the jiffy pellets for the seedlings in the pictures. I am trying out the paper towel method for the first time this year though.

I didnt do anything but put them in the jiffy pellets for the seedlings in the pictures. I am trying out the paper towel method for the first time this year though.

I'm trying jiffy pellets this year, lol. I usually use the paper towel method. I'm doing both still. I hope the jiffy pellets work out well.

I'm trying jiffy pellets this year, lol. I usually use the paper towel method. I'm doing both still. I hope the jiffy pellets work out well.

Jiffy pellets are great in my opinion. They do take a little getting used to regarding wetting/drying times and how to gauge how moist they are etc. But when used in an enclosed humidity dome they hold moisture very well and evenly.

Just a quick question to tastypeps .... is that 40mm Macro lens a true 1:1 macro??

Ahhhh macro... Love it. I use my phones macro setting for my glog pics. It works ok but I am looking to get a proper camera soon. Most of my other hobbies were complete different spectrums. Gardening and Photography go hand in hand.

did you grow peppers last year? any pics if you did?

I did grow some last year but I didn't have this camera then. :(

What was your f-stop for those shots?

Most were shot in either 5.6 and 8. Some were shot at 22 like the 7th one down.

Great pics Pep! I can haz your camera?

PM me your address.

This is the third year with them for me and I'm happy.

Jiffy pellets are great in my opinion. They do take a little getting used to regarding wetting/drying times and how to gauge how moist they are etc. But when used in an enclosed humidity dome they hold moisture very well and evenly.

Just a quick question to tastypeps .... is that 40mm Macro lens a true 1:1 macro??

I agree, sometimes its hard to tell how moist the peat is. I almost lost a few the other day bc they were too dry.

Yes, that lens is a true 1:1 I love it, it almost never comes off my camera. Pretty reasonably priced too (as far as lenses go)

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-40mm-2-8G-Micro-NIKKOR/dp/B005C50H2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329655873&sr=8-1

Thanks for all the complements, I can take more as they grow if you guys would like.

Back