• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Some non Pepper seedlings

I am starting some other mostly tropical tree and shrub seeds right now for growing in large pots.
Baobab
DSC06426.jpg

Kalahari Orchid tree
DSC06427.jpg

These are the first to show themselves to my surprise as it listed from a couple weeks to several months for germination and yet they were up in just over a weeks time. Several more are just under the surface but sprouted. I will post pics of them as they grow. Some will be for bonsai and some just for pot culture. I have seen some impressive Baobab trees in Bonsai form with massive trunks.

Thanks I still do not have many of the plants you have sown us growing.

The seed came from tradewindsfruit
I have had very good luck with their seed. So far besides some pepper seeds I have bought and germinated both American lotus and Sacred lotus from them as well.
DSC06424.jpg

DSC06425.jpg

I have read that being eaten or being kept to wet are the main reasons for death with these trees.lol.... I have my sons cat in kitty prison because he ate a baby water lotus out of its little water filled pot. I have had a long chat with him explaining plants are a no no mice are yummy but he is a Siamese cross and is stubborn.

I have a few different species of Baobab seed on its way besides the African Baobab I have growing now. Both on their way are Madagascar Baobabs.

Kalahari Orchid tree
DSC06540.jpg

Have a few more seedlings up and will get pics of them soon as well. The Baobab are growing decently well under just a 4 ft florescent at the moment.

What kind of Baobab do you have? :eek: I have 4 Adansonia Digitata and 1 of them over 50 cm now!
Sorry to take so long answering but I totally missed this question. I have just the african growing but now have madagascar seeds in hand and another 2 species from madagascar still in route hoping they get here someday. All my other orders have gotten here in 10 days or less and it has been over 2 weeks waiting on this one. Unless they slow their growth down mine should hit the 50cm mark pretty quickly.

Back