• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some problems

I germinated some seeds for a friend of mine to grow and he has a few problems. First, I gave him a fatali, orange hab, scorpion and yellow 7. All are accounted for except the fatali. They were my open pollented seeds and here's what I believe is a fatali cross. The only other peppers I grew that were upright are thais and tepins. Is it safe to say this is a fatali/thai cross?
007-6.jpg

We were also wondering what would make the leaf do this?
010-7.jpg

Also his scorpion and yellow 7 have really yellowed. He hasn;t fertilized much. Safe to say low N?
008-11.jpg

with that last one the PH of the soil can effect how much benefit it gets from fertilizer... i had this flowering shrub in my parent's garden and dint realise it liked a low PH. Kept trying seeweed/fertiliser/epsom salts because it turned a bit yellow. Turns out the PH was very high and as a result all the ferilizer I tried for about 6 months did absolutely nothing.

I doubt it's a cross, crosses with C. Chinense show multiple flowers per node (a dominant trait) and in your picture I can only see one flower per node (there should be at least two). As for the yellowing, it could mean the plant needs Nitrogen or Magnesium.

I doubt it's a cross, crosses with C. Chinense show multiple flowers per node (a dominant trait) and in your picture I can only see one flower per node (there should be at least two). As for the yellowing, it could mean the plant needs Nitrogen or Magnesium.
Yes there's only one flower per node. Any ideas what it is then? It has plain white petals and the peppers are about twice as big as a thai or birdseye. The weird part is I was pretty sure what seedlings I gave him. It almost looks baccatum to me but it can't be because of the petals.

Did you plant any C. frutescens?
Not this year but I had one last year. I thought it was a thai/fatali cross since I gave him a fatali plant that was planted with non isolated seeds saved from the year before and there he doesn't have a fatali. The only thing is that chinense crosses have at least 2 peppers per node since I was told above it's dominent. These peppers in the pic are pretty big too, almost paper lantren size.

Tree hab grows very tall and is not a chinense, so 1 per node is normal. Here are a couple pictures of mine and the pods ripen to orange.

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg

Tree hab grows very tall and is not a chinense, so 1 per node is normal. Here are a couple pictures of mine and the pods ripen to orange.

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_3491.jpg
That's it. I have NOOOOOOO idea how I ended up giving him that since I have never grown it in the past. I have seeds from a trade though.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Where did your original fatalii seeds come from? Maybe you're dealing with a cross that's in a later generation, i.e F2, F3, etc.

Just a thought.

Where did your original fatalii seeds come from? Maybe you're dealing with a cross that's in a later generation, i.e F2, F3, etc.

Just a thought.
I got the seeds (non isolated) from my fatalis last year which were true and not a F1 ect, so if it was a cross it would be a F1. After seeing the pics of the tree hab I'm 100% sure that's what is is..........just not sure how it happened :surprised:

You said you have tree hab seeds though?
Yes but only opened the pack once last year to trade with someone. I think the orange hab I planted for my buddy had the tree hab seed in the pack. The orange hab seeds were form the same person I got the tree hab seeds from. Maybe they got a few mixed up. The other 3 plants I gave him were from my saved seeds.......... What a surprise though.

Back