• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Some seedling discoloration ?

anthocyanins cause them to purple... Actually, it can cause a range of color from yellow to black (through pink and purple) depending on the PH. Purple is most common in peppers though, because of their PH.

If your leaves turned pink, then worry :).

It acts as a natural sunblock, is an additive used in processed foods to add flavor (in concentrated doses mixed with sugar), and has properties that fight cancer...

Purples not a big worry.

plus, when they get put outside, they will be ready for the intensity of the sun. unless you see the leaves start to die, I wouldn't worry about it.

anthocyanins cause them to purple... Actually, it can cause a range of color from yellow to black (through pink and purple) depending on the PH. Purple is most common in peppers though, because of their PH.

If your leaves turned pink, then worry :).

It acts as a natural sunblock, is an additive used in processed foods to add flavor (in concentrated doses mixed with sugar), and has properties that fight cancer...

Purples not a big worry.

plus, when they get put outside, they will be ready for the intensity of the sun. unless you see the leaves start to die, I wouldn't worry about it.

yeah, I know what you mean, that is what I was trying to say but it is kind of hard to explain because the difference between the leaves just turning purple and starting to die can be a little close... like the picture of my first time I burned them with the LED, you see most of the leaves are just a slight purple color which is fine, but the bottom leaves were burning and dieing. .so that is why I now just try to keep them either green or if they have a slight purple to them that is fine, but once I start to see them turn to a purplish white color from killing the chloroplasts, then I know it's too much.. you can actually tell when the chloroplasts start to die compared to just changing color.. but it's hard to tell most of the time until it's too late, which is why I suggest just backing off the light a little to keep them mostly green until you can tell the difference

Back