• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Some sort of _annuum_

I think this was a "grab bag" seed from Peppermania.  It keys out as _annuum_ (plain flowers, one pod per node, no pubescence to speak of), but I can't match it to anything in Beth's latest posted catalog.  Pods are thin-walled and pretty hot for the species.  They grow semi-upright, mostly, and get a lot of black variegation before ripening:

9755176435_859b9bee14_z.jpg

Here's a wider shot of the whole plant, showing some pods closer to the snub-nosed shape at which they mature.  They're not especially big, perhaps a couple of inches at the most.

9755241863_d6a15607cd_z.jpg

And here's the bright red to which they fully ripen.  This pod is in its natural habitat, swimming in a molcajete full of nam prik along with a yellow scorpion:

9755171424_5472e65e68_z.jpg

Any ideas?  The black markings on the unripe pods seem pretty distinctive, but my attempts to search have come up blank.

Thanks!

-NT

Hmm, it could be "suntan"-induced, but this is the only plant showing it other than the Thai hots, and it's doing it consistently.  So maybe it's just a pepper prone to showing that sun darkening easily.

I'm thinking it might be Inca Lost, but I can't find a lot of pictures to compare to.

Edit: Here's a ripe pod.  It's shorter than most, but the rest got eaten before they got photographed.

9760788432_a3b6433bdd.jpg

-NT

Back