• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Southern Arizona

I live south of Tucson USDA zone 9a. I it too late for me to start some seeds? I was thinking of starting some chocolate moruga scorpions, Jay's peach ghost and some Mao SBs, what are your thoughts. I have plenty of plants already easy in the blooming stage but I'm getting board just airing on them to put out.
I FEEL THE NEED! The NEED FOR SPEED!

BlackFatalii said:
You can do it. I wouldn't expect too much from them in 2017, but if you are planning to keep them for next season, then I don't see why not. 
I have a raised bed so you suggest putting them in pots for (once they mature) then move'm out to the bed I think by next February. We probably get one or two day under 32* ground does not freeze here. However we do get cold mornings.

Elpicante said:
And this 44.6* supposed to be the coldest it'll get here?

you would know better what the coldest it gets there is.
you can look up your plant hardiness zone and possibly get a more accurate range of frost dates /temps

I was just indicating that Dragonsfire was referring to Celsius 

Elpicante said:
I have a raised bed so you suggest putting them in pots for (once they mature) then move'm out to the bed I think by next February. We probably get one or two day under 32* ground does not freeze here. However we do get cold mornings.

Yeah, unless you have a plan to cover them or otherwise protect them from the cold in your raised bed, I would probably put them in pots just to be safe. That is how I "overwinter" my plants. I simply bring them inside if I think it is too cold, then set them back outside for some sun if I think it is warm enough. I also try to keep an eye on the forecast to avoid any unpleasant surprises. With our mild winters, overwintering here is primarily about protecting them on cold nights.  Another important point is to be really careful when watering them over the winter months. The pots take much longer to dry out in the winter, and it is very easy to accidentally overwater them.

Thanks BlackFatalii,

I intend to leave most cof them in the ground (the ones already started) as for the ones I'm seeding now I guess I'll put them in pots I have two qt Terracotta pot do you they do well guys.

Back