Spice Grinder

This is one of my most favorite kitchen tools. After 2 Krupps and 1 Cuisinart coffee grinders, Last year I broke down and bought the WARING.
It comes with 3 stainless Grinding bowls w/ lids. You can put 4-5 whole nutmegs in it at a time, try that with a Krupps Coffee grinder!
I got it at TheWEBstaurantstore.com $108.99

From Left; 5 lbs. Jalapeno's=1.5C powder, 10 lbs. Poblano's/anehiem's=2C powder,
15 each dried California, New Mexico, Ancho chiles, 2tsp. Garlic Salt, 1Tbs onion powder, 1Tbs ground Cumin=1.5C powder
47e9f472.jpg

6fa2d1f9.jpg

ee1388f1.jpg

Thanks Setsquatch for the superhots!!!!!!! (in the background)

15 each dried California, New Mexico, Ancho chiles, 2tsp. Garlic Salt, 1Tbs onion powder, 1Tbs ground Cumin=1.5C powder

Thanks Setsquatch for the superhots!!!!!!! (in the background)

My pleasure man! Wow, those look like some tasty powders! Especially the mix! :shocked:

Good work Scovie, and thanks for the grinder tip!

You using a dehydrator or just the oven?

My pleasure man! Wow, those look like some tasty powders! Especially the mix! :shocked:

Good work Scovie, and thanks for the grinder tip!

You using a dehydrator or just the oven?

Both, the oven kind of "toasts" the peppers, for a smoky flavor, the dehydrator just dries and makes white noise that after a week and a half makes you want to jump off a bridge... Did I just say that last part out-loud?

How fine is the powder with the waring? I am thinking of buying one myself in two weeks, but to me it looks like you have "granulated" size particles. Can you go finer than that? I am also wondering whether your machine is holding up over time.

Yes Wolfman. It is fine powder, the jalapeño powder above does look a little grainy, it might be the glass?
It makes a very fine powder. Finer than any Krupps Coffee grinder I've had.
It's kind of tricky to make crushed red pepper flakes like at pizza joints but it's doable.
Sometimes I'll run the powder thru a fine mesh screen strainer. I have never regretted buying it.
It's commercial grade, so it's not flimsy.
I use it at least twice a month, going on three years now, and it still rocks like the day I bought it.
Mostly for peppers, but I grind my own Cumin, and make my own garlic and onion powders too.
It says it will do 4-5whole nutmegs, LOL.

Overall, great machine!

How easy is it to clean? If I grind up hot peppers am I going to taste that later if I grind up some other spices?

It comes with 3 stainless steel grinding bowls each with lids.
I hardly use soap, but the bowls are submergible so it's wayyyyy easier to clean than say... a coffee grinder.

Another trick if you're tight on cash...
Take the ring and the blade setup off of your blender, and screw it onto a quart size Ball jar.
Yes, it all fits together, and it also gets the powder fairly fine.

Hey thank you Scoville!

You should be able to get some money for referring people to that grinder or something!
I just may go diving in after that one and leave the coffee grinder for well... coffee.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on one of these... Figuratively, I'm not at the range with one taped to a target or anything...

Where did you get yours? Locally or on the information superhighway?

Back