Spice Grinder

I did order the Waring. It arrived on Friday and I must say that it's a very impressive machine. I am drying out some peppers now to use the machine, so I will know what the awesome factor is by tomorrow afternoon. Scoville DeVille, since you have suggested the item, do you also offer a money back gaurantee if I am not completely satisfied? :rofl:

Of Course Scoville DeVille offers a guarantee. He'll get back to you on the 2nd Tuesday of next week.

:rofl:

I did use the grinder and it's awesome factor is like a 7. The cup heats up considerably, so my suggestion is to use short 3-5 second bursts to avoid cooking the powder in the grinding cup. Other than that, it's about 10 times faster than using a coffee grinder and will do a lot more volume at one time. The peppers I took out of my dehydrator would have taken almost an hour to powder with the coffee grinder I was using before. With the waring, I was done in about 5 minutes. The speed and uniformity is amazing. If you intend on doing flakes for seasoning, then a few short bursts will get you where you need to be. With the Waring WSG 30, you do need to be careful because it will grind quickly and finer than you want before you know it. I powder, so this isn't a problem.

Thanks Scoville DeVille... you made my mind up and I am satisfied with the product and outcome.

I'm glad you're satisfied Wolfman. I know I am. I was sold when I learned it would grind 4-5 whole nutmegs.
Just try that in a Krupps coffee grinder! HA!
I have had some trouble making chile pepper flakes, even a couple pulses turns most of it to powder.
No worries tho, because like you, I use powders anyway.
Try buying whole cumin and grinding it yourself, mmmmmm
And drying your own garlic for garlic powder... Double mmmmmm

Holy hell, mucho thanks to Scoville and THP, this thing is the SHIT! It's first quick task was turning a handful of dried yellow superhots (Brainstrains, purportedly, but contested) into powder. It took all of about 20 seconds of pulsing to accomplish this task. I have a feeling this will become an indispensable tool in the Balls Cafeteria! I'm rock hard and ready to powderize anything!

DSCF0642.jpg

You guys are welcome, glad I could help. It's a bit of money, but I just got really tired of buying cheap coffee grinders.
I haven't bought one in three years now! LOL

That's it!

I'm calling WARING, and asking for my commission check! $$$$$!!!!!!!

You'll like it PW, it does so much.
Which reminds me, I meant to mention earlier, it does not do liquids, just FYI, you prolly have a blender anyway...

Back