food Spicy Fall Dishes

Hey everyone!! I was hoping to compile a bunch of fall/holiday (thanksgiving, xmas, etc) recipes. We have the grilling recipes down.. but as for fall recipes we are slacking!

So, please post your favorite fall recipe!! (think stews, baked meats, baked anything, crock pot, Anything!!)

xoxoxoox nicole ...dont forget to :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I just roasted some pumpkin seeds from my first garden pumpkin.

Scoop seeds out and clean them...only mature seeds, you'll see the difference. Set them out to dry for a day. Put them in a mixing bowl and put just a bit of olive oil on them, some garlic powder, and just a bit of whatever peppers you've chopped up into a dust. Mix that up and spread out on a cookie sheet. (line with foil if you hate cleaning cookie sheets like me!) Bake them at 300 for about 15 min to 25 minutes. Watch them like a hawk after 15 minutes so they do not burn. Very worth while!

You could always do a spicy pumpkin pie by adding naga powder to your existing pie recipe. Someone on here talked about one once and found it interesting. Not sure where but it's around. I figure it'd be interesting to try out.

Chili....the ultimate Fall grubbage....

100_0768.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0772.jpg

100_0773.jpg

100_0777.jpg

100_0784.jpg

100_0785.jpg

ha I love the "hot chili" cup, just in case you didnt know what was in there... it looks slammin I LOVE a good chili!

No beans? Okay, I know some people dont like beans, but I do! So I would use kidney beans, any other suggestions other than kidney?

thanks everyone for their responses!

xo nicole

You're right Paul the ultimate, but I'm not sure which I like better the chili or the Keystone :beer: :crazy: That's a good lookin bowl of red

When I make chili, I use three meats and three types of beans. My favorite bean is the pink bean. Add a equal amount of black and pinto beans along with the three types of meat and a top of the line bowl of chili awaits your consumption........
5.gif

When I make chili, I use three meats and three types of beans. My favorite bean is the pink bean. Add a equal amount of black and pinto beans along with the three types of meat and a top of the line bowl of chili awaits your consumption........
5.gif
All good choices plus I like chickpeas. I wonder if blaceyed peas or lentils would work.

Have corn bread with it, preferably jalapeno cheddar corn bread. Or serve over rice. Or in tortillas.

Don't forget the beer!

Beer is a must with a good bowl of chili. I just made up a big pot of red using just venison and plain sausage. But there was nothing plain about this chili, it had Jalapeño, Fatali, Chocolate Hab, Peach Hab, Tabasco, Tepin and a dash of my Bhut Powder in it. I think I got the amounts of each just right because it had a perfect flavor and was hot enough to feel the burn, but not so hot that you couldn't taste anything. I was in heaven.

what about the tomatoes... crushed, whole, etc .. what is preferential? Does it matter? Meat skeeves me out

xo nicole

what about the tomatoes... crushed, whole, etc .. what is preferential? Does it matter? Meat skeeves me out

xo nicole
Make a veggie chili substitute beans/ lentils for the meat. At one restaurant we enjoy, the veggie chili is hotter than any of the meat ones. Some people also sub mushrooms for the meat, I think portabellos.

You could also use grains.

No beans? Okay, I know some people dont like beans, but I do! So I would use kidney beans, any other suggestions other than kidney?

I rarely use beans in my chili, but if I did, I'd probaby use pintos. Kidney beans remind me too much of dead cockroaches. ;)

You're right Paul the ultimate, but I'm not sure which I like better the chili or the Keystone :beer: :crazy: That's a good lookin bowl of red

Thanks! My fridge is always stocked with the 'stone!

I usually add diced and crush and sometimes puree. Tomatoes are a must IMO.

Ditto. I also allow it to cook a full 4-6 hours (If you'll notice how much it reduces from the 1st shot of the pot, to the last).....then refrigerate for 24-48 hours.....then heat and serve. (Notice how the color changes.....gets deeper?)NOBODY gets chili at my house the first night. :shame:

so you mean you can't grill in the fall? ;)

so you mean you can't grill in the fall? ;)

You can, its just not fall themed. When I think of fall I think of the outside being cold and the inside smelling like warm cookies with the warm oven radiating. Plus, you from texas, you fall is probably a lot warmer than ours! A few mornings ago it was 43 degrees!

xo

Back