• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Spider Mites?!

I have a strange problem, although I'm not entirely sure it is spider mites.

There are no webs, although some of my pepper seedlings' leaves have the characteristic speckled spider mite damage symptomes (but maybe not, I'm having a bad seedling year since I see my babies only several times per month). The mite-pests are a red color, look like mites, and are living on my plants...although what is strange, is that the damage on the plants is minimal, but on the basement floor next to my grow shelves, they appear to be swarming...cannot discern any reason for it either.

Can't find any info about this, maybe someone has seen it before.

The photo shows the piles of em. The gray bits look like pieces of lint...maybe it's their egg sacs?...maybe it's the webbing that they make? I sprayed the floor with rubbing alcohol and sprayed the plants with neem. Hope it works out.

spidermites.jpg

One bit of good news though, discovered one Chocolate Bhut had sprouted out of a half-dried out cell pack I had tossed to the side as being no longer good. Still had it's seed coat on, though, so I pulled that off and hoping the growing tip is still intact.

You almost need a microscope to see spider mites, they're almost invisible to the human eye. That makes me doubt what you're seeing is them, unless their eggs can be bigger then the mites themselves.

Back